Camber bolts, "Eibach".?

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just wondering if many folk have fitted the camber bolts to there cars.

Im not "chasing" -ve camber, i just fancy a bit more "aggressive" setting on my suspension. ie -1.5deg with aprox 0.12 toe out., ish... Im guessing this is a reasonable "fast road" setting...?

If you have them whats your thoughts, good / bad / indifferent...Pros, and cons....
Also anybody know what the standard camber values are for the Trophy,s.?

Cheers Dave.

Reaction score
Mark Fish is wrong!

The camber change has a marked impact on the road - a much sharper and pointier front-end, really incisive and confidence-inspiring, I love it!

Doing the limited mileage I do I'm not aware of any cons whatsoever. It's a yes from me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This^^^^^^^

I find it difficult to believe Mr Fish said that with any seriousness,

Reaction score
It's a yes from me too. I have the Eibach camber bolts in and set to approx -1.5degs camber. No issues on the road whatsoever but certainly helps on track [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ditto the above... a mild -ve camber is great on these cars (and on the Type-R, although nobody really cares about that!) The only minor drawback I found was tramlining on major roads where heavy vehicles have caused a slight deformation in the surface; whereby the lightweight Clio can sometimes feel 'sucked' in to those grooves! No biggie though.

Reaction score
I had the power flex bolts fitted in mine with a set up done and was a marked difference on the road.

Reaction score
Glad they get a thumbs up... I've just bought a set!
Just need to find the time to fit them and get them set up...

Reaction score
Mr Fish told me, you can elong the holes in top of the struts, to achieve enough camber for fast road use, without the need for camber bolts

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mr Fish told me, you can elong the holes in top of the struts, to achieve enough camber for fast road use, without the need for camber bolts

That is completely different to the meaning behind your first post.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well. Thanks chaps.
I think ill be getting a set...:grinning::grinning:
If I was to elongate the holes, its "forever".
Where as if I get the camber bolts I can always put it back to standard without any ill effects...

Mikey, it would REALY help if you were to "expand" on your replies sometimes... As I agree with hoolio it is a completely different meaning to your first post...Were not mind readers...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've run with -1.5 on the front for a number of years now, no problems. Nice even tyre wear with the odd spirited drive thrown in and no scrubbing of the tyre wall. Seems to be perfect, for me at least.