Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Speedline Freak, if you had any kind of skill you could have had something like this keeping us on edge for weeks but you shot your load after only a couple of days.... ah well. No wonder your last post seems so excitable!

Still we have the dubious pleasure of your promised return, see if you can keep it up a little longer next time... :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Speedline Freak said:
Oh and before you ban me

To be honest I cant be bothered. I quite enjoy watching you make a complete cock of yourself.

Reaction score
I know this is gonna sound really bad but this guy cracks me up!

Not the first time i have come across him and i dont often laugh out loud at posts, but this stuff does make me laugh!

Some people take it all a bit to seriously!

Still laughing now.. . . :lol:

I knew from your 1st post. I just knew!

Reaction score
Nik, please don't ban him, in fact re-enable his old username so he can have his post count back. Things were getting far too comfortable on here without a guy who's sole mission in life is to get a rise out of other people. Besides, if you don't like him - just ignore his posts. Although it can be quite hard when the guy doesn't have a job and spends 16 hours a day online, wanking over pictures of blue painted women with gold stillettos.

Stromb - If you're suggesting EVO don't recommend the Trophy as their ultimate hatch because they think the Mini Cooper S works is better, why did the Trophy beat the GP in the aforementioned test? BMW's best effort? I think they also need to update the comment for the Williams, because it says Best Hot-Hatch ever and clearly that is out of date now.

Welcome back!

P.S. You got my number wrong, and you were right about it being a good read, I enjoyed it immensely, My old car nearly pipped you at the post too. Just off down the Honda dealership now to pick up my new car, oh, but wait, they don't sell it anymore. Dammit, I'll have to stick with the Trophy for a bit longer...

Reaction score
What the hell is this thread about? It's so utterly pointless, I don't think any of us here care that the Teggy won the best fwd car in Evo, in fact I think that most of us are just happy that the Trophy came second (which incidentally makes it in their eyes the best fwd hatchback :p )

I know it must hurt, that us Trophy owners can now quote this result from Evo, the article that saw for the first time ever the Williams drop from the number one hot hatchback spot, but why can't you just be satisfied that the Williams came in third, after being known as the best hot hatch for over a decade.

Anyway, I'm glad you are back on the forum, I hope you don't get banned, but I also hope you stop these pointless and pedantic posts, this is a car forum not a playground. I'm lucky enough to have both a Trophy and a Williams on my drive, they are both great cars and hot hatch icons, so what's the point in trying to belittle the Trophy?

Also where are the videos you mentioned in your thread about this test on you own forum?

G

Everyone knows the Williams is a better all round package. Evo have political and readership issues to think about when they write these articles.

I knew they liked the Williams more. They knew i knew they liked the Williams more. And i know Harry has a soft spot for it.

The trophy is a great 'modern' car. Maybe the best modern hatch. But the Williams offers the rawness and prehistoric thrill some of us crave in a car. No Abs, cable throttle, and skinny tyres with less grip.

And no matter how good it may be, no matter how many rave reviews it gets, the trophy will never be able to provide this. Its just too safe and dulled down (in comparison)

Lets just leave it at that hey? :wink:

Reaction score
Speedline Freak said:
Everyone knows the Williams is a better all round package. Evo have political and readership issues to think about when they write these articles.

I knew they liked the Williams more. They knew i knew they liked the Williams more. And i know Harry has a soft spot for it.

The trophy is a great 'modern' car. Maybe the best modern hatch. But the Williams offers the rawness and prehistoric thrill some of us crave in a car. No Abs, cable throttle, and skinny tyres with less grip.

And no matter how good it may be, no matter how many rave reviews it gets, the trophy will never be able to provide this. Its just too safe and dulled down (in comparison)

O.K. I know exactly what you mean, I'll always have a soft spot for the 205 1.9, it delivered a raw, unadulterated experience that is impossible to replicate in a modern car. I was so happy when it came third in their test because I respect their views. It was edgy (especially in the wet) but was actually easier to enjoy on a public road because of it's lower limits. For me the Trophy is perfect because it delivers all the thrills of my old car but in a modern package that I can drive 50 miles a day and up to London most weekends. I hope to own lots of great cars in my life (Williams included) and I just feel lucky that I live in a part of the world where I can. :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Speedline Freak said:

Stomba, did you not receive enough attention as a child? (offtopic) sorry.

Either you are demented or just trying to provoke a responce. The williams was a good car, I agree with that. But in that mind the origonal mini cooper was rawrer, more pure. Wasn't as quick but it went round corners like it was on rails - EVo though didn't include it because it was too old school. Hmmmm, now let me think. another 5 or ten years passes. Any magazine repeats this similar test and do you think the williams will be included?

No, they will use the Trophy, its Grandson. It'll be a more accurate test because as time passes, things gain weight; It's nature. Thing is though, you've got to let go and embrace a more modern today. What are you....mid 20's? Are Oasis still the biggest band in England who will one day crack the US? The Gulf war just pissing you off because Match of the Day's been cancelled again for the news?

Oh btw, just to keep you up to events. The McLaren F1 has lost its fastest car title to a Swede. Can you believe it plus it's not a Saab!!!!!! shock horror.

Any way your funny, I like that you keep posting your aimless chat. Keeps me entertained when i'm bored.

"Williams better than the Trophy" lol you do make me chuckle. :p

Day

Reaction score
*yawn*

I think that will do until the next nail in the coffin is hammered in.

Status
Not open for further replies.