Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok I clearly took that bend a little too tight!6222912214_92baf344d8_z.jpg
P1000416 by julzatthepub, on Flickr

It actually gave me no drama whatsoever and luckily was not far from home.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I do have a new spare, how do i configure the remaining three until I get a new pair. old tyres have 14k on them, rears to front and old and new front to rear? or just replace damaged front. Bear in mind I wouldn't mind driving 120 round trip to Gaydon tomorrow.

Reaction score
How did that happen, was it a sidewall failure or did you hit something?

How old is the tyre? The week number & year produced are on sidewall i.e. 3105 week 31 of 2005 as some low mileage Trophy's may well have the original old tyres on the rear if never changed/rotated, as they are getting past their best now.

New to rear, old rears to front as this means you always have the newest average age tyres on car, & not a big disparity in age with constant new on front & ever older tyres on rear.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I clipped something going round a lefthander, I thought I had got away with it as it just carried on handling to begin with. Also wheel is unmarked so got away with that and not too unhappy as both fronts needed replacing just not that happy having one brand new on one side and one old on the other but I will swop rears to front.
BTW all four tyres are original.

Reaction score
Mixing a new (unworn) and old will probably throw up an ABS failure light if you do appreciable stright line distance (motorway for example) - not a biggie if it's a temp thing but just be aware.

J

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i always like the newer tyres on the front as it's a fwd car - especially as we're heading into bad weather. Having said that having different diameter of tyres on the car (one corner new, the other worn) will not just effect performance but also unevenly wear your ball joints. So if the ears have a bit of tread left on them, i'd stick them on the front.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
i always like the newer tyres on the front as it's a fwd car - especially as we're heading into bad weather. Having said that having different diameter of tyres on the car (one corner new, the other worn) will not just effect performance but also unevenly wear your ball joints. So if the ears have a bit of tread left on them, i'd stick them on the front.

The having one new and one old on the same rear axle is clearly not ideal but better than on the front and was a purely temporary fix until i can decide what rubber I want to put on. Also I will be putting the new tyres back on the front for the reasons above.