Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
@MarcB has probably just ordered 30 sets for spares...:grinning:

and why would I do that ?

They are 100% Twingo R1/R2 dampers as they come with the upgraded scrapper seal as per picture.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If they are Twingo R1/R2 dampers as stated by @MarcB what dies this mean? Are they the pinned to deliver the same damping rate as the Trophy dampers? Is it a good / bad / indifferent thing that they are Twingo dampers?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well actually they are Sachs dampers that were fitted to the Trophy and were so effective they were slightly modified and fitted to the rally Twingo's. I GUESS. I too have pondered whether the internals are engineered slightly differently for a different damping range. Short of getting a pair on a jig and comparing to an original pair we will not know. But my guess (again) is that they are the same but with a different part number and scraper.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well I have a tracking number, looks like chronopost/dpd. So for those holding out to see what arrives it shouldn't be too long.

Mine is still “under preparation at the shippers”... whatever that means!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MC1

Reaction score
Same status for mine, now collected, delivery by end of tomorrow.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I seem to remember the Twingo dampers had the reservoir facing the other direction to trophy ones, but would of read it on the forum somewhere...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Twingo dampers hoolio has posted are identical to the Trophy dampers.

You could effectively mount them on the opposite way around and have the reservoir front facing, however, the lug that supports the ABS wire would be on the wrong side.

Reaction score
They are legitimate, Optimiz access struck a deal with renault sport. He's bought back remaining stock of Twingo R1, R2, clio cup racer parts etc. These are genuine but be careful he is listing both 54mm and 60mm bolt spacing on the site but as dablk mentionned both say "pinned" because he just copied and pasted the same description and so does both say "60mm spacing", one of them is wrong obviously.

The link above is certainly the 54mm version as it says "clio" but "non cup" in the description. This one should be correct http://www.optimiz-access.fr/chassi...ts-sachs-trophy-entraxe-60mm-twingo-2-rs.html but ask him to make sure or ask me to do it for you :smile: This one set does include the additional scraper seal.
So 54mm is the right one?

Reaction score
On the twingo the Sachs are used as the gravel set up. Probably why the trophy is great on our b roads.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My order is “in transit” so I’m hoping I’ll find out by Friday whether I’ve wasted £500! They’re being delivered to my office so I’ll post some photos as soon as they arrive.

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing these. Am going to Paris in October, so could drop by this place then. Will you also need to pay VAT on these when they turn up?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Looking forward to seeing these. Am going to Paris in October, so could drop by this place then. Will you also need to pay VAT on these when they turn up?

Bloody hope not!