Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Although, Hoolio did state that the Twingo versions he ordered a while back arrived with the scraper seal and plastic boot.

Without dyno testing the original Trophy Sachs dampers against the Twingo Sachs dampers we have no idea if they’re are different internally. The obvious difference is the addition of the scraper seal but beyond that we have no idea.

Presumably, if they are different internally, they could be adapted/re-valved to suite the Trophy’s original dampening characteristics. As the compression on our dampers are adjustable and the rebound is not, i’d imagine that if there are any differences then it will be with the rebound setting, the compression would just be adjusted ( via the dial) to suite the Twingo setup and locked in position, possibly different from the Trophy’s 22 clicks setting, if that makes sense?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I pondered that earlier in the thread Ben but i think with the Twingo R1and R2 being different beasts but using the same dampers it does make me think that they are similar, only a test would prove or disprove that.

Reaction score
If that's any clue I can confirm as I've just depinned the first one that the damper is locked at 22 clicks like the original trophy's.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It should be fairly simple with "new" units as parts should not have welded together. Once you get the grub screw out ease the adjuster off very gently using a wide flat screwdriver a little at a time from all sides, whilst remembering that there are two sets of ball bearings sat on springs recessed (but not captive) under the adjuster, these provide the "click"

Reaction score
Actually only one was easy, the other one cannot be depinned easily as the grub screw is loctited in and cannot be removed even with high heat applied to it... I will see that later and will let it undisturbed. I will use them at original setting for now.

Reaction score
It's screwed in with lot of loctite on the threads for this one I guess. This is what Renault Sport does to lock the adjuster and this one won't budge even after heating it up. I had one like that on an original set, only way to get it out was to drill it through step by step from 2 to 4mm bit until there was no grub screw left :). I had then filled the hole with epoxy and drilled and tapped at a different location. I guess this one will end up the same way.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone else’s order still showing as “hub chilly mazarin, shipment in transit”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Long time lurker also watching this thread with interest.

I've just purchased two new front OEM Trophy springs from renault, which I found was a relatively straight forward process considering the issues some owners had mentioned in the related thread on this forum - thanks to those who quoted the correct part number! Now tempted to get a second pair and make an order for dampers to have a complete set for spares..

Buying another set of springs might be overkill, they should be good for 100k miles

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's screwed in with lot of loctite on the threads for this one I guess. This is what Renault Sport does to lock the adjuster and this one won't budge even after heating it up. I had one like that on an original set, only way to get it out was to drill it through step by step from 2 to 4mm bit until there was no grub screw left :smile:. I had then filled the hole with epoxy and drilled and tapped at a different location. I guess this one will end up the same way.

That's why de pinning is so time consuming and costly. BG just fit a new adjuster body instead of bothering with drilling and re tapping.

Reaction score
Spoke to dpd, who put me thru to the international section. Mine have apprently been internally scanned at the same location today.. just in the back log but should be moving soon.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Spoke to dpd, who put me thru to the international section. Mine have apprently been internally scanned at the same location today.. just in the back log but should be moving soon.

Cheers, should see them this week then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mine were sent with UPS and are still stuck at Lesquin in France. Sever weather delays aparently

Reaction score
Interesting they used a different courier for you Gus. Its turning into a top gear race this...all for some shelf battered shocks none of use immediately need :smile:

Reaction score
Well I
Interesting they used a different courier for you Gus. Its turning into a top gear race this...all for some shelf battered shocks none of use immediately need :smile:

Well I got quite excited about them when I saw them but I sat back and thought “why do I need any, I don’t drive the car with these I’ve got “! I would be buying them more as a decorative piece I think :grinning:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can’t reasonably afford any. I would only be buying them as an insurance policy should anything happen to the ones I’ve got as they may not be readily available in the future. I’ll take my chances and have to beg one of you guys to sell me some for £10,000, each.

Or fit some coilies, yo.