Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
first question... are the 2mm hex screws that go sideways into the adjuster visible is a good start. heard them sometimes they are in an odd orientation so you cannot get at them and some time have been sealed over.

It's actually an Allen key you will need so the angle is not crucial. They are mostly but not always glued so a little heat will normally free things up.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
They’re not mate, I bought them a while back, Rik posted up the info about them in his damper thread.

They're called ‘BS009K Powerflex Universal Bump Stop and Cover Kit’. I bought mine from ebay.

The black top covers in question probably don’t offer much protection from the elements anyways. The scraper seal is now offering a better level of protection and as a result it makes the top cap redundant, as DaveS has already suggested.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Long time lurker also watching this thread with interest.

I've just purchased two new front OEM Trophy springs from renault, which I found was a relatively straight forward process considering the issues some owners had mentioned in the related thread on this forum - thanks to those who quoted the correct part number! Now tempted to get a second pair and make an order for dampers to have a complete set for spares..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For all practical purpose, yes. For the purists, no they are technically different.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’m slightly confused, there are 2 dampers to choose from, both with 60mm spacing, one says for Clio 2 RS and one says for Twingo 2 RS, I’m confused about what the difference is between the two? Also, it seems that those that have ordered some have ordered the Twingo version which has the scraper seal?

Reaction score
orginal sachs have a black cap over the shock that the shaft goes thru. It allows crap in. the shafts scraps on the crap and scores. Leading eventually to a replacment shaft being needed.

The improved design on the twingo has no boot and a different scraper seal..

image.jpg