Brand New Sachs. (Group Buy)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Paul’s set looks perfect. Same colour as the ones Hoolio received.

Stop posting images, it’s making me want to order a set!

Reaction score
Marley and Trixey inspect the new arrivals. ... Again a slight colour mismatch with the offside damper being more factory fresh. It also had more packaging around it whilst the other looks like it had been opened at some point.

IMG_20180214_182311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Paul’s set looks perfect. Same colour as the ones Hoolio received.

Stop posting images, it’s making me want to order a set!

I repainted those myself Ben, I didn't like the colour BG were redoing them in (this was before Rik, not sure what colour he does his??)

So which was the original colour, grey or silver?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The original colour is a lightish creme grey but the silver version I had had much much less corrosion than the grey!

MC1

Reaction score
Got mine after 2 days of delivery attempts. Went in to collect & found label had just name, town, UK and 1st 2 letters of postcode. They’d been out on delivery van but returned each night, nobody thought to look up the address [emoji31]
One in original packing, other loose with 1 minor scratch. Colours match also, happy days.

Reaction score
What are you boys actually doing with these things that you can’t do with the ones you already have on the car. If I’m right you’ve spent about £600 on a pair that are different colours and you are taking apart anyway. Wouldn’t it have been easier to send the originals to Rik ? I bet this guy in France can’t believe his luck .......or am I missing something

Reaction score
Well for me it’s just spares of a rather hard to find and expensive part. I have had multiple s/h ones before.. they’re very rarely any good and the s/h price of a knackered set followed by the refurb costs Is high.

The price for myself is at a level I can cope with at the moment. Much more and I would bother. A good chunk can always be recouped if needs be selling either of my sets.

My current ones have just been refurbished so will take a long time a while before I knock on riks door.

Plus I want to try adjusting them. So I took the gamble that I could do that to these.

Reaction score
The colours irrelevant really and can be painted if you so wish. Once tucked up under the arch it won't matter.
I'm not depinning mine but I was planning on getting the originals rebuilt at the end of the year and putting some money aside for it.

I was budgeting anywhere between 500-1000 pounds for the work and was already looking for a set of cup dampers for the car to sit on whilst they were away. Again another 50-90 pounds.

This makes purchasing these cost effective (although it forced my hand a bit earlier than planned) and gives me a second set that can be refurbished in good time or sold on with the car.

This how I sold it to my wife anyway. ...

Reactions: MC1
Reaction score
Yeah @Saint27 couldn't agree more.. your situation is ideal to jump early. I can also now sell my 182 cup shocks which I had sitting for services.

Would I say I would rather I had two the same colour.. of course but I'm one day going to be a user of 147* not a concourse polisher. I have zero problems pulling the stickers off and rattling them.

Some cars on here would defo suit having matching ones. Ben's for example after all his underside work.

*disclaimer...if I ever see her again ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What are you boys actually doing with these things that you can’t do with the ones you already have on the car. If I’m right you’ve spent about £600 on a pair that are different colours and you are taking apart anyway. Wouldn’t it have been easier to send the originals to Rik ? I bet this guy in France can’t believe his luck .......or am I missing something

Rik cannot be expected to service every pair of even the relatively small number of peeps on here and very simply, over time the shafts will wear and score and if you factor that into the service costs sub £600 for a new pair seems like a steal.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine have arrived, matching colours, a few small scuffs. One of them had a light coating of oil on the remote reservoir, is that something to be concerned about or probably came from something else while in storage?IMG_5533.JPG

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
To be honest, at that price I wouldn't be bothered about what colour they were. If it means keeping the Trophy fitted with the proper dampers for years to come then it's money well spent.

No need to justify the purchase, life's too short to not buy the things you want.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Absolutely Ben, if I didn't already have four pairs :flushed: I'd be all over these like rash.

Chris, yeah that to.