Brakes- corrosion

Discussion in 'Clio Trophy Discussion' started by Patrick Bateman, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Trophy No.:
    125/500
    How often are you forced into changing yours due to corrosion?

The Trophy is a second car but still gets used a few times a week. Regardless, I find the rear discs especially always end up corroding quite badly.

Fronts at the minute are apparently a bit corroded on the inside too, plenty of life left in the pads. The 'bite' to the pedal isn't really there now when braking hard, even after a good few stops from speed.

Obviously the heavy front brake bias won't help matters with the rears but has anyone had any joy in staving this off by making sure the car doesn't go too long between a few hard stops, say 60-20mph repeated a few times?

Seems like mine are now past the point of no return and will need replaced.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. Ashtons99

Ashtons99

Trophy No.:
    449/500
    I had to change my fronts on the cup last month. The outside surface of the disc was perfect but inside on drivers side was like surface if moon. Daft thing is that it’s not an mot fail if it meets braking efficiency.

3. dablk

dablk

Always fit in a bit of straight line handbraking when I’m driving my weekend cars. Post wash role forward back also helps.

Rik Perry and pj_sibley like this.
  4. andy tims

andy tims

Trophy No.:
    008/500
    The rears on mine were well rusty before I changed them last week, but they could have been the first set.