Reaction score
Thy hallowed day will be Thursday 19th November. He will be removing and refitting too. Apparently the quickest turn around he can do is the following afternoon, as he has to spray loctite over it and let it sit overnight. I'm having new adjusters too, as when the pin is removed, the shaft the adjuster moves on is left open to the elements and lets all the mud in. So I was quoted £500+VAT. Adjusters are £25 each probably +VAT too. Making a grand total of £628.75. Thats without any unforseen problems coming up. That must be the most expensive Trophy damper service yet lol. At least I can get a record for something.

One question. When I get to Silverstone, where is it from the roundabout in front of the bridge over the circuit?

nby

Reaction score
doesnt sound too bad to me bud, I contacted Ben and he is on Holiday until November so I will have to wait along with yourself to get them done and I cant wait :D

Reaction score
Is there any way of knowing that the dampers need a refurb. As i heard that you wont know unless you strip it down. there must be a way to know.

Reaction score
mine have been loosing oil. They feel really unrefined like a 182 cup lol. The oils is what provides the supppleness. If the gas goes the car should drop on one side.

Reaction score
kam2turbo said:
Is there any way of knowing that the dampers need a refurb. As i heard that you wont know unless you strip it down. there must be a way to know.
there is...its like driving jelly

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
PeterGinger said:
One question. When I get to Silverstone, where is it from the roundabout in front of the bridge over the circuit?

IIRC it's right from the main entrance.

It can depend on the day, just ask the guy at the gate to confirm

Reaction score
People seem to be paying a lot to have their dampers done, iirc I paid for £421 inc delivery and Vat, 5 months ago, admittedly i took the dampers off and sent them but that means they're charging £200 to remove and replace, i think i need to go in to business :wink: £200 for an hours work =D>

I thought the adjusters were included anyway for dampers that had been un pinned, I had new ones fitted inc in the price above.

Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The prices being quoted at the moment are beginning to smack a little of opportunism. The conversation I had with Racecardoctor several years ago and the ammounts of pennies talked about were fractions of these quotes.

Is there really no one else doing this?

Reaction score
I am also in the queue for that first November week. But I am couriering my dampers in, and getting new adjusters fitted.

Going to fit MF spring/rear damper combo AND front camber bolts AND Hankook RS-2 in the same week. Not sure I will recognize the car afterwards :D

Reaction score
azrael said:
It can depend on the day, just ask the guy at the gate to confirm

:? :? Think I misunderstand that...?! :D

Go right at that roundabout, then either the first or second left and they are at the end on the right.

Reaction score
Had mine done there but sent mine off a lot cheaper and they were a lot easier to remove then I thought!