Blue 197, Oxford Ring Road on Tuesday evening

Reaction score
Saw my first 197 (outside of a showroom) on the Eastern Bypass in Oxford outside the BMW works on Tuesday evening.

I was at the scene of an accident which had just occured, waving at traffic to slow down, and you were one of very few people who bothered to slow down to a sensible speed whilst passing the firefighters + police working in the road! :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi, probably better off posting this on renault sport, i don't think there is one person on here who's got a 197 , is there?

(offtopic) Do you know gary coupar by the way?

Reaction score
Cheers hoolio :) I've posted it on there too but I thought I'd post it here as well for the sake of it :)

And yes I know Gary to say hello to but I don't know him all that well, he works at our training centre at Didcot and I work at Rewley Road fire station in Oxford. It's a small world though, Gary's younger brother is on my watch (Green) at Oxford!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep it is, known gaz for a long time sure i could think of a few stories but then i'd have to kill myself before he did. :)

ado

Reaction score
I have a racing blue 197 and in Oxford. :D

Not me on tues tho. I was at brands hatch all day and came back at 10pm and somehow still got stuck at headington for 30mins. :evil:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry ado, was simply not sure there was any on here considering the roasting they normally get. :)

ado

Reaction score
I would love a Trophy still but I got the 197 because IMO its just better for everyday. Now if I can just have both. :lol:

ado

Reaction score
You would say so though aud. :wink: I still love a Trophy just for its fun but I still think for everyday drving the 197 is better especially after doing 4.5k in 2 mths.