Best place to buy replacement heater control panel

RPC

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above, where's the cheapest place to source one of these? I've been monitoring ebay for the last few weeks with no success - so apart from the main dealer, is there anywhere else worth looking?

Does anyone know how much the dealer is likely to charge?

Thanks!

Reaction score
You could try contacting Paul at Renault Parts Direct, they might be able to help one way or another.

Reactions: RPC

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
IMG_5301.PNG

I believe the dealers are over £150 for one but would need to check.
The one above is on eBay at £45 plus postage.

They are rare and expensive like a lot of other things that seem to be on the Trophy or plastic

Reactions: RPC

RPC

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the replies.

45+ postage seems more reasonable. Sent the seller (mossyv6 on here) a message to see if he'd mind sending it it Ireland. It was listed as UK postage only so I presume thats why it didn't show in any of my searches.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just looked the part up and it's £165 from renault and it's a Valeo unit.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought mine from mossy.

If you're only doing this to replace a badly peeled original then it's far, far easier to pop off the cover of the assembly and just swap them round. Still a bit of a scutter but replacing the whole thing with the fan connection cables etc. at the back looks like an absolute nightmare.

Reaction score
Got mine from eBay - spotless for £25 but I was looking for 6months before that one came up.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I got the replacement cover for mine for a fiver from a 1.2 in a scrapyard. Bargain!

Reaction score
Any info on how to swap just the cover and not the whole unit?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Any info on how to swap just the cover and not the whole unit?
Pretty fiddly but it has clips on the top and bottom, you can get a little screw driver to pry them off. It means you don't need to disconnect all the wires as it wiggles out just enough.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prying the cover off is easy. The fiddly bit with that is getting the replacement cover back on while keeping the springs and plastic gubbins for the AC and recirculation switches in place. Took me a couple of attempts but it is manageable.

Just remember and check the two buttons work there and then before putting everything back together.