Reaction score
Thats the K-tec one which is a remap - Is it the same Map as BBR are doing? (Apart from that one is a swapped ECU)

Reaction score
Absolutely no difference, the ECU in the 182 (as with most modern cars) is re-programmable, K-Tec can send you an ECU out which you replace the standard one with and return (exchange basis) or you drive down there, they plug a lap top in and re-program your existing one, takes about an hour apparently.

As for Renault accidentally wiping the re-mapping, this is horse shit, I've checked, and unless they're looking for it, they won't know it's been re-mapped either, let's face it even Renaultsport experts think the Trophy has a numbered plaque on the centre console.

Reaction score
^^ The above statement is true, Renault would have to be looking for it but...

If there is a software update available for your car they will usually do this as they get paid for warranty work :wink:

Thanks

Paul

Reaction score
So is the Ktec remap different from a superchip (In the way its saves to ECU) If not its not horse sh"" as it was wiped from my v6 on 3 occasions and my 172 once..

All times were simple services, when they hooked it up to the machines it reset the ECU back to standard - Superchip had to be put back on.... Renault have no way of telling if the car has been chipped or not.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
RSTuning said:

If there is a software update available for your car they will usually do this as they get paid for warranty work :wink:

Thanks

Paul

do you do any thing under the renault warrenty? thought i'd ask, know its a very long shot but thought i'd try and kill 2 birds with one stone - heat shield problem i think (wierd metal knocking noise is annoying me)

Reaction score
TrophyK3V said:
So is the Ktec remap different from a superchip (In the way its saves to ECU) If not its not horse sh"" as it was wiped from my v6 on 3 occasions and my 172 once..

All times were simple services, when they hooked it up to the machines it reset the ECU back to standard - Superchip had to be put back on.... Renault have no way of telling if the car has been chipped or not.

K-Tec use the same system as superchips. All can be overwritten by Renault with an update.
The difference with our remaps to many others is that we develop them ourselves and if the above does happen we re-install FOC :wink:
Oh and there is an option in the clip to see the program date and software revision. Need to check if it is changed when programmed via other tools rather than the clip.

Cheers

Paul

Reaction score
Cue said:
RSTuning said:

Thanks

Paul

do you do any thing under the renault warrenty? thought i'd ask, know its a very long shot but thought i'd try and kill 2 birds with one stone - heat shield problem i think (wierd metal knocking noise is annoying me)

Sorry mate we can't do any warranty work. Have to be a main dealer now for that :(

Thanks

Paul

Reaction score
RSTuning said:
TrophyK3V said:

K-Tec use the same system as superchips. All can be overwritten by Renault with an update.
The difference with our remaps to many others is that we develop them ourselves and if the above does happen we re-install FOC :wink:
Oh and there is an option in the clip to see the program date and software revision. Need to check if it is changed when programmed via other tools rather than the clip.

Cheers

Paul

Nice to know, I've been assured that if it gets wiped (which I was told won't happen unless they need to re-program or replace the ECU) I will get it re-mapped FOC. I would consider your map as you are doing the group discount but you're a bit far away from me. Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
RSTuning said:
TrophyK3V said:

Cheers

Paul

Nice to know, I've been assured that if it gets wiped (which I was told won't happen unless they need to re-program or replace the ECU) I will get it re-mapped FOC. I would consider your map as you are doing the group discount but you're a bit far away from me. Thanks for the info.

That's why I choose Sanspeed in Bexleyheath as there only 20mins away. Not sure if they charge to re-program again. Mind you I don't intend to take my car back to a main dealer come servicing time - so not really a problem.

Attachments

• DSC00796.JPG
    DSC00796.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Not much choice to take car to dealer if a big warranty job though - Like a new garbox in a V6 :eek: