Reaction score
Bit of a random one this, but I fancied having a moan about the appalling quality of a lot of the driving on our roads. Sometimes it's so bad it actually scares me.

I think my biggest pet hate, or one of them at least, is people who randomly brake for no reason. Not necessarily heavy braking, but just intermittent and seemingly arbitrary application of the brake pedal :evil:

There's nothing more disconcerting for me than following a car whose brake lights keep coming on, then off, then on, then off, even in a straight line!

From my experience I find that the worst drivers tend to be Rover drivers - the kind that do 40mph in 30mph zones, then continue to do 40mph in national speed limit areas. Wtf? [-X

Volvo drivers are pretty bad as well. A friend of mine reckons Honda Jazz drivers are also useless, but my parents drive a Jazz so I can't agree with that.

Anybody else got anything they find particularly annoying on the roads, or believe that there's a worse breed of driver than the Rover driver?

Reaction score
Audi TT's... from a manufacturer and model POV, I think they are the single worst group.

Reaction score
I reckon its BMW drivers who are by far the worst. They drive centremetres from your bumper and don't like being overtaken!

Reaction score
I couldn't put my finger on any single model or manufacturer as being 'bad' but I frequently get incredibly aggravated by people with bad lane discipline. The M25 is simply appalling for this – I was driving clockwise from Essex to the M3 and on the sections that are around 4 or so lanes wide, I couldn’t believe how many people just wander along in any old lane.. It’s totally ridiculous!

Along similar lines, it frustrates me when driving along a section of dual carriageway which has various sets of traffic lighted junctions; drivers sit in the right hand lane for at least a mile so that they’re ready for the filter lane. Are they unable to watch the traffic in their mirrors and safely judge a time to pull across further down the road, thus allowing other motorists to continue along at higher speeds, rather than holding them up or causing them to undertake..?!

Oh, how about another one, roundabout lane discipline – how many people cut you up on the exit of a roundabout?!

Lastly, but by no means least, manners and politeness – I just love people that don’t bother to acknowledge you pulling over and letting them through..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think threads like this are just a ploy to gauge who are the grumpy old farts on the site, so I shan't be posting #-o

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I think threads like this are just a ploy to gauge who are the grumpy old farts on the site, so I shan't be posting #-o

Yes your right and it can go on forever ...... Those types of people are never going to go away (some stupid idiot man nearly went into the side of me yesterday!)...... unless we send them all to Finland to have their driving tests again! :D

Reaction score
Thank goodness I don't drive everyday!!! :lol:

A good B road blast always brings a smile to my face :D

Reaction score
Audi drivers have took the 'cock' crown from bmw.

Especially people in A3's.

edit: coyote? :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Here is a few that get me wound up.

People who are driving along country lanes at 20mph and dont pull over and let you pass !

People who drive in the right hand lane on a dual carrage way and dont drive any faster than the people in the left lane !

As mentioned before : Braking for no apparent reason !

People who cut you up on roundabouts, or drive in the wrong lane, or the ones that drive in between both lanes to get round, and the ones that dont signal ! Or the ones that do all 4.

People who talk on mobiles or smoke whilst driving !

People who throw rubbish or cigarettes out of the window, this is even more annoying when it hits your car !

OLD PEOPLE !!!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep. When I get old ill be the guy who drives at 20mph along country lanes checking out the scenery and smoking a pipe whilst some angry guy behind me is flashing his lights and shouting abuse out of the window. This will be because I no longer feel that 3 wheeling around corners satisfies me in the way it used to. + ill be deaf and partially blind and oblivious to anything thats going on around me.

Thats if I live that long !

Reaction score
hoolio said:

Ah, you cynic! :lol:

Fair point though. I've just been stuck behind some complete morons recently and felt like getting it out of my system :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jimbo said:
hoolio said:

Ah, you cynic! :lol:

Fair point though. I've just been stuck behind some complete morons recently and felt like getting it out of my system :)

LOL, My tongue was thrust firmly into my cheek when I posted that, being possibly the grumpiest old fart on here :)

Reaction score
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!!!

This is my speciality!!! :wink:

I agree with everything so far so won't rewrite what has already been said, other than this:

Recently on the M1 south bound the matrix boards said "Don't hog the middle lane" and "Keep left unless overtaking". Quite simply and straight forward messages. The number of cars who were STILL cruising at 70 the the middle lane with no traffic IN SIGHT in the left lane. They should be charged with driving without due care and attention, they clearly have no idea of what is going on around them. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Reaction score
People who drive too close to the car in front on 70mph roads and cause crashes which make me late for work or more importantly late home for my rum, laptop and girlfriend (in that order) [-X

Reaction score
Ajr said:
Isn't that an interesting thought. You become the driver that you hate...

It's true........In the same way that, one day, you will say or do something and suddenly think "Oh my God, I've turned into my Dad!"

Reaction score
As a 36 year old life member of Safespeed (home of the grumpy driver), I have a valid claim to be cliotrophy.co.uk's resident Grumpy Old Sod. :twisted: :evil:

My pet hates:

1. People who don't indicate
2. People who pull out in front of you (with or without indicating) and then drive really slowly
3. People who don't keep left on multi-lane roads

In my opinion, the worst driven cars are the:
1. Citroen ZX
2. Vauxhall Zafira
3. Generally any small, boxy car (Vauxhall Meriva, Ford Fusion, etc.)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Nissan Micra drivers... another 40MPH in a 30 and national speed limit zones... Oh and middle lane of the motor way doing 50MPH hunched over so close to the steering wheel so that if they ever had an accident and the airbag went off, the would loose their head...

*rant over... I feel better now* :)