Aux belt kit exist...or just the belt??

Reaction score
Trophy almost 4 years old obviously, don't know if aux belt has been replaced or not, gona get that done and timing belt at same time so i don't have to worry bout it...my query is, is there really such a thing as an aux belt kit... i've read posts on here about one existing but not what it consists of...tensioner pulley? I have my well trusted garage quoting me £495 for the work (5hours labour, timing belt kit, plugs and aux belt), genuine renault parts said he wouldn't want to use pattern (which is nice to hear), but just said aux belt, he wasn't aware of a kit existing, just individual parts. Anyone help? Cheers!

Reaction score
Phone a genuine renault garage & get the part numbers for him.

Starts 77, kit includes new idlers & tensioners, but may also come with the timing belt kit?

When i sold my T all paper work went & i had both done at 3 yrs.

Reaction score
Okay cool, i'll pass that info on to them and they can find out off whichever renault they're getting the parts from coz i do want the pulleys changed in case the bearing dry, no point opening it all up twice.

I think the first owner of 108 done the main looking after fitting the braided hoses and uprated front discs, ds2500 front pads, dynamic wiper stalk, but sold it at 3 years old...the last owner had it from november 07 to march 09 covering 15.5k miles and got it serviced jan 08...i have no paperwork other than service book but the belts section has no stamp... i don't want to just assume the aux belt has been done when it should have been... i look after my motas!

Many thanks!!

Reaction score
Or just ask me!

7701477519 £116.48+vat have come down in price in the last month!( Aux belt kit )

You could ask the dealer who has done the services if they have doen the Aux belts thats if its done by all the same dealer of course!

Steve you should know by now that if you ask me i will always help as i have done with you!

Regards

Reaction score
Isn't it the tensioner that goes ping, sending metal through the alloy cambelt casing and taking out the cambelt, that is the reason the belts are being changed 36000m early?

There are still Renault dealers out there who know nothing about this!