Reaction score
Just been reading on this http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=19541 about the possible production of the RS3, would imagine it would be a awsome car.
My issue i saw a awsome looking Audi A3 shape in my local Sainsburys about 1 week ago, from a distance it looked like a S3 but when i got close up it looked so much more. =P~ . Parked near it and had a look at it, it was a dark colour, hard to tell as it was night time, looked black or dark grey, looked slightly lower than a S3 and had different wheels on but they didnt look like after market wheels, they looked like they would have come on the car as new, similar to the ones in the pistonheads pic but looked bigger. It was new car and didnt look modded externally. Then i walked around the back and it had a RS3 badge on which didnt look like it had just been bodged up and stuck on, also twin exhausts at each side of the bumper which again looked like they were supposed to be there, not just added on by someone, even my girlfriend commented on how good it looked. :? :? .
My only thoughts were someone was sad enough to stick a RS3 badge on it, it was a prototype or someone has dropped a RS4 engine in a new S3.
Either way it looked 8) .

Reaction score
The whole A3 range is a real meh car... just cannot get interested in them regardless of the variant.

Reaction score
Im not really into them but they do look good in the S3 variant. Someone i know has just bought a brand new white S3, had a little play with him in the Trophy on a straight road and i have to say i wasnt that impressed by it, it didnt exactly fly away like a thought it would have. Another mate has a a older 225 and ive kicked his ass a few times, :lol: .
And another mate bought a couple of year old Turbo diesel which started to rust so he took it back and bought a focus ST, very nice one too.
DSC00156.jpg
DSC00158.jpg

Still though WTF was the RS3 one about that i saw??

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some truth to the rumour then or maybe a tuner has had a play. Although I can't think of many of the main tuners up in the NE.

360 BHP is a lot for a small (ish) car although I dont expect the weight to be less than around 1400 kg min plus it'll need 4wd to cope with that sort of power output.

£40k for a A3 though - who would pay that when you can pick up 2nd hand M3's and 911's for that money?

Reaction score
I've just recently taken an s3 out for an extended test drive as I do like the look of them. However, the Trophy is a much better drivers car. It's a typical German setup and a cruiser more than a focused sports car imo.

It is a nice place to be however and makes a great noise when the turbo kicks in. Plus off the line pace is good with bags of torque and the quattro system to launch you.

I priced one up brand new with all of the options and it was over 36k!! So massively overpriced imo but a nice car nevertheless.

Lastly, the perfomance wasn't much different from the Trophy either, yes its quicker off the line mainly due to the quattro system and the power easier to access but that tops out rather early. I would say 0-120 there is not a huge amount in it which disappointed me at first but it made me appricate what a great car the Trophy is. :)

Trophy every time.