Audi R8 - Loads of them!

Reaction score
I was travelling on the M74 which would take you from Scotland into England on Saturday - 60 mile stretch of road from around the Lanark cut off to just before Gretna and i spotted no fewer than 16 Audi R8s being driven on the opposite side of the motorway. I wasnt even aware they were out yet and 16 of them!?

My questions are this - why so many and where were they going? Does anyone know of any events that were on at Easter weekend in Scotland? They were being driven in a broken convoy e.g you'd see two then about a mile later another one, then a couple of miles later another one and so on. There might even have been more than 16 in total.

Didnt think they would be going to dealers or a dealer event as surely it would have made more sense to stick them on a trailer. Also didnt think it would be a press event/launch as they probably wouldnt be travelling in convoy and surely 16+ 80k cars is overkill even for a launch.

Good looking car whilst in motion by the way and the daytime running LED headlights really catch your eye.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds wierd, probably a photo shoot but you'd have thought that a transporter would have been a better idea

Reaction score
Maybe they're just that popular! Did you count the TT's at the same time? I think with all the property developers out there doing so well it might just be that they're the next hairdresser's car.

I wouldn't mind the label to drive one every day though.

Reaction score
Maybe they're just that popular! Did you count the TT's at the same time? I think with all the property developers out there doing so well it might just be that they're the next hairdresser's car.

I wouldn't mind the label to drive one every day though.