Are we going to be in with a chance of taking the Win - Get Voting

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bear in mind there are a lot of votes for cars that the voters haven't driven, myself included.

If it was titled 'favourite' rather than 'best' there would be less contention. An Evo group test would be more conclusive.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought it was a great result for an 18 year old car, against the enormous Yen development spend the GR has had poured on it by the head of Toyota.

It certainly firmly stamps the Trophy as a future (and current) classic in everyone's minds.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Having owned both, the GR Yaris is deeply impressive, but the Trophy just makes you smile more

There is just an energy about the Clio, a fizz, an attitude. The GRY has the potential to get there, but it needs modification...and you'd have to be very brave to throw a 10-year warranty in the bin. I also found it to be rather dull unless you were driving at Mach 10, and that's because the GRY has been built in the modern sanitised world, with 10,000 different types of legislation to comply with (eg EU sound limits & driver "aids"). And then when you did go for it, you'd end up travelling at speeds I found were socially unacceptable for today's roads, and I no longer care for being the fastest thing from A to B.

But don't get me wrong, when you get the diffs pulling the car around it came alive, the suspension just took everything in its stride, the brakes were tireless, the three-pot turbo was super keen, the gearshift was lovely and the shell was so strong. Toyota has done the best it can in such circumstances, the fact it exists should absolutely be celebrated