Reaction score
Hi guys

Have just purchased a Blaupunkt DAB54 to replace the head unit.. but it requires an adaptor lead etc which costs... wait for it... 89 pounds plus postage!!! This is from Incartec.

However they need to know what the HU has written on it (they mentioned 'update list' I think!) but as I am not near the car (currently in an office) I was wondering if anyone has a photo of the stock head unit so I acn see what is written on it...

Cheers
Oliver

Reaction score
Lol... thanks.. it is the thought that counts!!!

May go during lunch and have a look and stop being lazy!

O.

amm

Reaction score
oliie said:
Hi guys

Have just purchased a Blaupunkt DAB54 to replace the head unit.. but it requires an adaptor lead etc which costs... wait for it... 89 pounds plus postage!!! This is from Incartec.

However they need to know what the HU has written on it (they mentioned 'update list' I think!) but as I am not near the car (currently in an office) I was wondering if anyone has a photo of the stock head unit so I acn see what is written on it...

Cheers
Oliver

just go to halfords thay stock them and i am shore it wont cost 89 pounds i have got a jvc dab radio did not need a adapter for it but i did need a new aerial it cost 70 pounds if you have got one of the stick on ones that look like a wire get rid of it they are s**t you wont keep a signal .
have you checked to see if it needs one.

Reaction score
I have an adaptor to use my standard aerial.

I don't think Halfords will stock it... the design changed late 2005 and only Incartec has it. Is your car a July '05 onwards (as the Trophy's are)? If so then I am amazed Halfords had the adaptor for your car!

If so I will be there very soon to buy one if they are cheaper...

O.

Reaction score
I've got a woodstock dab 52 great sound and really good stereo.

Can't use DAB at the moment as I took the radio out of another car but the DAB aerial didn't want to come with it.

Haven't got the spare cash to get one at the moment.

I just love being able to jaff a 1GB SD card in there and listen to music, so much quciker than writing a CD

Reaction score
Polar... good to hear! Where did you get a harness from... and can you use the stock remote on the steering wheel?

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, they are 'Update List' in the Trophy Oliie, and you do need the expensive InCarTec adapter unfortunately.

updatelist.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks Nik... does not look like I am going to get away without paying £89 :( Crazy crazy stuff....

Attachments

• plate document.JPG
    plate document.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
I ended up ordering the harness from Incartec for £87... yikes!

Will report back when I get it fitted..

Cheers
Oliver

Reaction score
oliie said:
I ended up ordering the harness from Incartec for £87... yikes!

Will report back when I get it fitted..

Cheers
Oliver

£87 is not that bad considering ........

When I purchased earlier in the year I was first quoted £120, but got it for £99 inc vat and delivery direct.

Reaction score
Yikes - that's alot Mat!

Happy to report that the unit from Incartec works a treat. Shows 'Blaupunkt' in the display but does not show volume up or down. However all remote controls work as does the dimmer light etc. Just like stock :)

Now to fit the V12 amps and the Focal Polykevlars... ;)

O.