Reaction score
My understanding is the standard 'Update List' HU in the Trophy has 4X22W output and is same unit as used in all the basic Clio's.

The FF 182's got the 'Cabasse Auditorium Update List' head-unit which has better sound and 4X40W output, but otherwise looks the same bar the extra 'Cabasse' writing on the units front.

Has anyone fitted one to there Trophy as I do not want an aftermarket HU but like the idea of slightly better sound and power offered by this unit?

Reaction score
I am to believe that only the Cabasse Auditorium has the higher output, not the standard 'Update list' unit.

As you can see it looks identical apart from the extra writing.
cabasse.JPG1..jpg

Reaction score
I feel cheated lol. So if I replaced with a pioneer RS, I would treble the power lol. WOO HOO. That would roger my speakers right?

Reaction score
After confirming my thoughts by checking on the RenaultSport UK website and checking the specifications list, it is confirmed that the standard 'Update List' headunit is 4x22W, but 'Update List' 'Cabasse Auditorium' headunit is 4x40W output and was fitted to "full-fat" Clio 182's, not the Cup's.

I sourced one cheap off ebay and fitted it and the sound is much improved, more depth and punchier delivery which as my car has a optional extra Renault parcel shelf with integrated 2x6" and 2xtweeters fitted, the original HU always felt a bit weak. Found it on here for anyone who anyone never seen it before http://www.therenaultshop.co.uk/product ... 7711223604

Very happy as it keeps the OEM look and although still lagging behind overall quality of a higher end after market unit, so many now look a bit out of place in cars now with the HU's being more integrated into the design.

Forgot to add if wanting to do the same it must be an 'update list' HU not the earlier 'tuner list' fitted to 172's.

Reaction score
Hi there.

Just following on from the above subject, can anyone kindly advise on the difference between the Cabasse Auditorium Tronic 'Update List' and 'Tuner List' HU?

So far I gather the Tuner List HU was fitted to the standard Clio 172. Will this HU work if installed in a Clio 182?

Advice on this would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Reaction score
I would say no as only last weekend I tried fitting my old 'update list' HU to my friends phase 2 172 as he wanted the iPod facility but it didn't work, I would therefore assume the reverse is true.