Any advice on spilt paint??

Reaction score
A guy at work has managed to spill a pot of white emulsion in the back of his Bmw, some on the mat, some on the carpet, some on the plastics and some on the leather.
It happened last night so its dried now which won't have done him any favours, just wondered if anyone could offer any advice.
Im sure any comments would be greatly appreciated, even if he does drive a german car!! :lol:

Reaction score
Lol thats what we suggested!! Believe it or not, he's considering taking it to BMW!!!!! #-o

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
emulsion will be a lot easier to get off than most things as it's water based, thank his lucky stars it wasn't gloss - that's on for life.

As steve says, if he doesn't want to try it himself, a good valleter should be able to sort it.

Reaction score
I can't believe how lucky he is, Homebase have accepted responsibility, and are making arrangements for their insurance company to clean the car!!!

Reaction score
Apparently it says 'remove lid with screwdriver', so he's argued the fact the lid shouldn't have popped of in transit. Therefore, there must have been a fault with the tin! Wish i had luck like that, they didn't even put up with a fight!

Reaction score
I read that it's not unusual for paint tins to explode during hot weather due to the increased temperatures inside a car.. Something for all to consider - always take a few black bags or something if buying paint in summer?! :!: