Another DIY Sachs Rebuild/Service

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've not been on the forum for a while so only just seen this thread

Although I'm pretty quiet at posting I feel duty bound to comment to say massive respect to Rik for offering this service. I realise that BG and Cornering Force (who did mine) have also helped to keep Trophys on the road but to have someone on here with this expertise is fantastic for the ownership community. It's like CPR for the Trophy!

Kudos to you Rik :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpegI have had a few questions asked about the colour I use for powdercoating not matching the adjuster body.. So I just wanted to post a picture of the dampers at the factory waiting to go onto the cars during build.. This shows the main body to be Silver and the adjuster to be the grey/silver .. I hope this puts minds at rest as to the OEM ness of my work..

Cheers

Rik

Reaction score
Mine don't need doing but I'm tempted anyway - great work and prices Rik, you're a credit to the Trophy community.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That mate is inspired.. Looks like the bottom of a bio yoghurt bottle..
But will it fit the std adjuster too ? As yours a NathanH specials..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nah mate, it's just a silicone push button cover, fits nice and snug and creates a good seal around the bottom. My adjusters are the same size as the originals.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Only just stumbled across this, mine have been refurbed twice in their life, 1 piston replaced last service - might have to check when they were last done!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have the part numbers for the silicone adjuster covers.. I will get some ordered and pass a few out to you guys to test ..
Might add it to the rebuild service if demand is there ...

Thanks @NathanH

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have ordered 10 to test out .. Should arrive next week and i will post out to a few guys ..