Another 16k Miles Trophy

Reaction score
As the owner of the car which is the focus of this thread I thought I would give my 2 cents...

People criticising the price are missing the point. These are already a limited edition car and the majority of these are certainly now running high mileage (as evidence by the recent thread in this very forum 'what's your mileage'), have succumbed to wear and tear and modifications.

What your now left with is a handful of extremely low mileage, low owner Trophys which are going to attract a different type of buyer. Primarily collectors, who appreciate the car for what it is, who want the very best examples and let's be honest, want to capitalise on the appreciating value of these cars.

If you have a collector who owners millions of pounds worth of exotica and performance classics, what's £20,000 for arguably the best of the breed.

These are the last of a generation cars which remained true to the hot hatch philosophy of low weight, high performance, absence of drivers aids and a focus on handling finese over balls to the wall power figures.

Collectors will always pursue limited edition cars with lauded driving dynamics. The clio Trophys have both and for that reason and many more they will continue to attract increasing attention from collectors and serious enthusiasts, factors which will only result in prices continuing to rise.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not so much an owner or enthusiast, just come out and say you are a dealer doing a quick flip.

Reaction score
I'm an enthusiast who also happens to buy and sell cars hoolio.

I wanted to comment on a thread which relates to the car im selling given the amount of commentary it has received.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There seem to be quite a few of these low mileage near mint cars going up for high prices. At the time of my purchase (oct '16), I was reading things like 'set to double in value over the next 10 years', but it didn't factor too much into my decision to buy. I wanted a performance car to enjoy when time and conditions allow.
My medium mileage car with little modification (and nothing that can't be easily put back to standard) is looking like a serious bargain. Perhaps I should buy another...

Reaction score
There seem to be quite a few of these low mileage near mint cars going up for high prices. At the time of my purchase (oct '16), I was reading things like 'set to double in value over the next 10 years', but it didn't factor too much into my decision to buy. I wanted a performance car to enjoy when time and conditions allow.
My medium mileage car with little modification (and nothing that can't be easily put back to standard) is looking like a serious bargain. Perhaps I should buy another...

well mines for sale and im only up the road in Manchester ha ha

Reaction score
As the owner of the car which is the focus of this thread I thought I would give my 2 cents...

People criticising the price are missing the point. These are already a limited edition car and the majority of these are certainly now running high mileage (as evidence by the recent thread in this very forum 'what's your mileage'), have succumbed to wear and tear and modifications.

What your now left with is a handful of extremely low mileage, low owner Trophys which are going to attract a different type of buyer. Primarily collectors, who appreciate the car for what it is, who want the very best examples and let's be honest, want to capitalise on the appreciating value of these cars.

If you have a collector who owners millions of pounds worth of exotica and performance classics, what's £20,000 for arguably the best of the breed.

These are the last of a generation cars which remained true to the hot hatch philosophy of low weight, high performance, absence of drivers aids and a focus on handling finese over balls to the wall power figures.

Collectors will always pursue limited edition cars with lauded driving dynamics. The clio Trophys have both and for that reason and many more they will continue to attract increasing attention from collectors and serious enthusiasts, factors which will only result in prices continuing to rise.

You have the right price for about 2022 Everything you say is correct however the appreciation curve for these is still early doors -
The clio V6 bottomed out in 2010 & its taken 7 years to go full circle to todays lofty values -
I would say the trophy & to an extent the 172 cup are on the journey but not there yet
- it looks a fab car & prob weighs in at around £13/14k at the mo as it ideally needs the suspension done to maximise return.
Best of luck on the sale- I was offered a 6000 mile one 7 years ago for 7k - wish id have pugged it away....

Ash

Reaction score
Just checked what I paid when I bought it new, 14,299.00, that included 203.00 for vehicle excise duty and 299.00 for dealer fitted accessories. (cannot remember what that was for) VAT 2,05.87!!!!!!!!
46,000 miles FSH including all of the petrol receipts showing only ever super unleaded used.
Soon be worth what I paid for it??

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just checked what I paid when I bought it new, 14,299.00, that included 203.00 for vehicle excise duty and 299.00 for dealer fitted accessories. (cannot remember what that was for) VAT 2,05.87!!!!!!!!
46,000 miles FSH including all of the petrol receipts showing only ever super unleaded used.
Soon be worth what I paid for it??
You was robbed! I paid £12,860.

Reaction score
Not one of those will sell-

The other place in Ireland bought one last year hollybrook ( the 22k one ) or whatever it was & stuck it up for 14k- then months later then kept reducing it. Same as the other one they bought on 64k & lumped up for 9k then reduced it time & time again - with its 'unique' hollybrook prep- lol.

They did exactly the same with a V6 I sold to a customer- they bought it in then whacked it up for 35k- that was about 18 months- 2 years ago.

Its still on PH / AT now reduced to 30k & still not sold. In that time if they had priced it realistically in the first place for around 28k they would have sold it & could have sold more.

Same as these trophys today. Talk about putting a pointless price on a car just to try & be the billy big boll*x. There arent hoards of collectors out there or milionaires scouring the classifieds for a red clio -

13-15k is where there at on those miles ATM- so why not list them at a price to sell rather than looking stupid & holding onto them forever - by the time the price catches up it will be 5 years down the line.

Look at EVERY single ph2 dealer V6 on PH. all reduced...

Reaction score
Let's see....it's only a good thing for us trophy owners so don't know why people are always so negative about these high asking prices.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm smoking crack but how many Trophy's are now up for sale £10k+ ?

I have found one at £17395 with 16,900 on the clock sitting on Ebay -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...363613?hash=item2cbea9da9d:g:Xe4AAOSwE0JY~M5k

I have found this one at £19899 with 16,300 on the clock sitting on hurlingham cars website -
http://www.hurlinghamcars.com/veh_detail.php?showPhoto=519167&did=163&dname=Huringham Cars&msub=2005/55+Renault+Clio+Renaultsport+182+Trophy+-+Low+Miles/As+New/The+Best&pri=19899&miles=16300#null

I have also found this one for £17699 with 21,000 on the clock sitting on divine-automotive -
http://divine-automotive.co.uk/sales

Reaction score
What's my 9200m R26.R Titanium with Roll Cage worth? LOL

Seems to me that the prices of desirable hot hatchbacks and classics (£25K for a 1980 Fiesta 1.3 Supersport anyone?) has increased since laws relating to pension fund withdrawal were relaxed. So, people with unexpectedly large pension funds (because of low yield gilts etc. pension funds are desperate to get rid of you as a liability) can draw money in lump sums and dabble in what they think will be a stronger return.

I know two of the sellers in the ads above, they're good guys and it's highly likely they will get the prices asked.

If you want to know the true value of your Trophy phone one of the sellers and ask what they would pay for it.

As someone who has sold 88 Clio 182 Trophys, to coin a phrase, "I'm oot" and have been since they topped ten grand at ten tears old.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just come off the phone to one of our salvage agents and he is in communication with an ex RenaultSport employee who used to source cars for him when he worked in the dealer industry, appears he has a Trophy sealed up with approx. 3k miles so will share a few pictures if he sends any over. Cannot imagine there are many examples like this left!

Reaction score
At the prices these other low mileage ones are going for that must be worth at least £25-30k...:smirk:

Just pity you nearly couldn't drive it anywhere,would drive me mad :cry:

Reaction score
Yeah it would be great if you could just leave it in the sitting room if you could knock a few walls to get it in,and just look at it...:smiley: