1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alloy wheel refurb time..

Discussion in 'Clio Trophy Discussion' started by Big Dave, May 30, 2017.

1. Big Dave

Big Dave

Just looking at getting the turinis refurbed, and i seem to remember a conversation somewhere about the anthracite colour.
    The ones the powder coaters use isnt the correct colour.?? Or is it.??
    Does anybody have the correct colour code for the wheels,, without me trawling through loads of random threads,, yes im being lazy.....
    Cheers...

2. dablk

dablk

Trophy No.:
    147/500
    I think the problem you have with most powder place is they buy large stock of a few colours. You know that tray they show you when you walk in.

Something spefic would have to be a special order. 205-110 ixell paint if google is correct.

If costs an issue then might be better to powder then rattle can the centres as close as possible to the powder.

3. DaveS

DaveS

Trophy No.:
    338/500
    code is Ixell 205-110

I believe there is no powder coat of that colour. The way wheel clinic Northampton did it for me was to wet spray the colour and then powder coat the clear lacquer.

IMG_5375.JPG

4. Saint27

Saint27

Trophy No.:
    057/500
    Just had mine done, acid dipped to get the nasties off, powder coated, rubbed down and then painted in ixell 205-110 and then triple baked and left to sit for a week to harden before I put the tyres back on.

WP_20170510_10_40_54_Pro.jpg

CoryColeWilkins, tim8v and SharkyUK like this.