Reaction score
Left my Trophy at Gatwick airport for a week. Didn't like handing the keys over to a dodgy looking fella though!

When I picked it up i got in and half a mile down the road the service light came on with the airbag light. It kept flashing on and off all the way home and still hasn't stopped. Just wondering if any of you lot have had this problem, its probably just a crappy Renault connector thats not up to its job!?! Hopefully!

Reaction score
There are a few threads about service lights on here, 99% likely to be a faulty sensor, warranty issue, take a mobile phone video of the dashboard doing its party piece just in case it's an intermittent fault and the useful fuckers at Renault accuse you of having an active imagination. A characteristic not likely to be found amongst them.

Reaction score
my mk1 172 used to do this if somebody getting in the back pulled the passenger seat forward too hard...to sort it out i would simply unplug then re plug the sensor causing the problem which was directly under the passenger seat and came off where the seat belt pulgs into..at full strech the wires must not have had enough slack and put strain on the plug causing it to break the connection....a guy in the workshop at the renault garage told me about that so i must have been a common problem...

Day

Reaction score
Ha Ha...

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but this problem occurs on Clio models made from 1998.

The dealer fix is to solder the pre tensioner wires therefor bypassing the connector block which seems to be the problem.

Still find it unbelievable that in eight years the problem still happens :(