Reaction score
I had an amazing opportunity today! driving along in Windsor and i saw a Mclaren Merc SLR Stirling Moss, this one happen to be the first one of the production line and the one taken to Goodwood Festival of Speed this yeah........... yes that means it was the one Stirling Moss himself drove up the hill!!!!!

Anyway it stopped.................. (as some of you know i'm plod). Now i dont often pull over just anyone without reason, but i was honest with the guy driving and said i couldn't resist pulling him because i had never seen the car in the flesh and probably never would again!!! :oops: (think anyone in my position would have)
The female passanger turns to me and says....... if we park round the corner on a side road then you can have a proper look...... and have a sit in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i wasn't about to say no! :D

The guy was a manager at Mclaren and really friendly, offering to take a picture of me sat in it! really made my weekend so thought i'd share the pics with you.

Attachments

• 18072009037.jpg
    18072009037.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
  • DSC00077.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
Reaction score
Thats smart, there are some perks of being the police :lol:

Now think of that as your patrol car :wink:

Reaction score
If only................. it did cross my mind to say there was no insurance shown on the Police National Computer (which there wasn't) so i would have to take it back to the station in order for it to be recovered! didn't have bottle to do it!

Reaction score
think i've just seen the front page of mondays "SUN" :D
funny thing - i bought my trophy off a policeman.

Reaction score
Saw this at Goodwood two weeks ago, looked and sounded awesom!

Reaction score
A guy working at Mclaren told me that they had a pre production SLR that they wanted to rack up miles on. If you had a garage big enough you could take it home for the night. He took it to an airfield. :D Nice perk of the job!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The company I work for did the door hinges on this beast!

I looked a bit wierd taking photo's of the hinges as everyone else was taking in the cars lines :lol:
Tooks some photos at Goodwood '09
These were the prototype hinges, the finished articles were surfaced and vapour honed to a much higher standard.

iPhone214.gif

Me

iPhone489.gif

The car

iPhone524.gif

Reaction score
Got a video somewhere of one of these passing me on the autobahn last summer. We were at a ton 40 and saw it coming. Pulled over to let it past and as it did, the two crash helmeted occupants slowed, turned and nodded before burying it and going on like we were standing still.

I'll dig it out when I can.