A couple of nights in the engine bay

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get the car finally finished off for a while. The only thing I had left to sort was the engine bay. The inner wing fuse box had annoyed me from day 1 having a broken locking clip. Also the plenum, fuel rail guard and the engine mount any alloy block on the drivers side needed tidying.

After a trip to my local vapour blasting guy and a couple of nights in the garage with various wire brushes, rotary brushes, assorted sprays, wrinkle finish hycote and various cleaners I have got the engine bay to where I'm happy with it.

The fuse box was a bit of a shuffling job that is about impossible without removing the battery. While things were out I also treated it to a new expansion bottle.

I took a quick shot, just waiting now for the engine top wrinkle finish to wrinkle, it took 2 days on the Cup!
IMG_0849.JPG

SoS

Reaction score
Not logged in for a while, glad to see the old car looking well. I remember the clip being broken, in fact I may have broken it!

Reaction score
I don't think you would recognise the car now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
@Ashtons99 has just vapour blasted.
It's an amazing finish as I got parts done on mine over a year ago and they are still perfect.

Also had stuff done on the 197

197 Inlet Before.jpg

197 Inlet After.jpg

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
IMG_2101.JPG good stuff
anywhere around me are complete clowns. powdercoater lost a part from my xr2 and im having difficulty finding a replacement

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would also ask the question when getting it done.
A lot of places opt out of the expensive stuff which is ceramic dust and use sand instead.

As the sand is not that fine it does not leave the better finish like the ceramic dust does and as the ceramic is more expensive to buy a lot of people use the sand.

Reaction score
Yes, the guy who does mine uses ceramic media, I've also heard some sort of soda crystal is used by some