Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not spotted by me but my mate called me up at lunch to tell me he is on a track day and there is a Trophy showing some tuned mini's who is boss.

He was in a 350Z.

Reaction score
I’m not sure I was showing them who was boss, as the racing minis complete with slick tyres are mighty quick in the bends, but on the main straight the Trophy did have the legs on them. It was a great day with some great banter; I think I was one of the only road legal cars in my group which included mainly Mini Cooper race cars.

There were a few big accidents on the day which all happened in the beginners group. One young chap in a brand new 911 GT3 RS in orange with all the extras rolled in the first five minutes of the day and had to be taken to hospital. The car had a half cage in it which probably saved his life (and the instructor sitting next to him).

I was there testing out my new rear adjustable suspension which is being developed by Mark Fish. The front suspension on the Trophy really is a special bit of kit when un-pinned, but ideally on a front wheel drive car you will benefit from having the rear stiffer than the front.

I was running with the fronts set on 35 clicks, with the rears on there hardest setting. The car felt great!

The new rear shocks are coming off the car again next week as Mark is going to get them re-valved to make them yet stiffer again so that they better match the front Sachs units.

I meet Simon George there with his new Lamborghini LP640, sound bloke. Wasn’t sure if I liked the idea of a white Lambo with yellow interior but in the flesh it looked awesome! The guy drives it hard as well!

Here are a few pics;

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nice pics keep us updated on the shocks. Here is my mates pic of the gt3

Attachments

• n775685334_1363308_2937.jpg
    n775685334_1363308_2937.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ouch!

Are those rear dampers going to readily available at some point and is there a ball park figure as regards price?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Ouch!

Are those rear dampers going to readily available at some point and is there a ball park figure as regards price?

Yes, Mark is looking to offer a complete package for the Trophy;

camber adjustment
lowering springs
Sachs un-pinning
adjustable rears
top mounts (my next mod)

Price wise you need to talk to Mr Fish, but I would estimate scraping just under £300 for the re-worked rear dampers plus fitting. The top mounts are approx £150 each plus fitting.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
Planning some track days then Mr Hoolio?

:lol: I think 307 would end up looking pretty much like the GT3 if i did, but i know a couple of peep's who may be interested. I'm beginning to come round to thinking that there is much more to be gained performance wise from getting the car properly set up than expensive engine mods.

Thanks Matt for the info above.

Day

Reaction score
I do wonder sometimes why people spend x amount of money on high-end mods.

I can name some fools that have spent shed loads on suspension, seats, harnesses and roll cages yet have no intention of putting those modifications to use :?

Bit of an overkill for the weekly Tesco run!

Get it tracked Julz ;)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mat, do a Northern track day - i wouldn't mind seeing the new set up and going for it myself.... That could be next year's project.... as the warranty will be running out :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Day said:
Get it tracked Julz ;)

Just getting some one on one tuition sorted at the moment, bit expensive but could have track all to myself, then we'll see. :)