Reaction score
Jamie said:
Tbh, if you're getting knocked back on all these offers maybe you'll have to accept either you can't afford a Trophy, or have to up what you're willing to spend.

As for the car in the post. I've had my dampers done and before I did I had them checked out by a few garages, whom all said they were fine. When I had them rebuilt the guys at BG checked them and said one had lost some gas and not compressing at the same rate. At the time, the handaling was pretty bad. Since the refurb the improvement has been dramatic.

I've driven my mates freshly refurbed Sachs' by bg motorsport and there is absolutely no difference between his and mine with 70k on, I guess mine have been looked after

Max

Reaction score
chris205 said:
I guess mine have been looked after

How have they been looked after?

I'd be absolutely amazed if a motorsport damper did 70k without needing attention.

Mine had done less than half that mileage and one had pratically failed.

I think Trophys are amazing value compared to everything else out there, but they are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Reaction score
Max said:
chris205 said:

How have they been looked after?

quote]
I 'Guess'

I dont really know but the car still handles brilliant, no knocks or bangs and the dampers are still firm

They may have been refurbed but looking through the history they're still untouched from the factory

Reaction score
Max said:
chris205 said:

I think Trophys are amazing value compared to everything else out there, but they are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

here... here :lol:

Reaction score
£1100 for what a Trophy ?? Our having a Giraffe ...

Anyhow have we got any photos of this vehicle yet???? :lol:

Reaction score
What options on the Giraffe...? Longer neck/legs... go faster stripes ?

Reaction score
Sorry to anyone that was interested in my Trophy , but ive had a change of plan ,after getting the service /belts done .
I just think that even if i got my asking price £7650 its to cheap ,imo there isnt another car you could buy at that price that was as good as the trophy . the car is in such good condition and after spending over £700 on this service id be better to keep it for a few more years especially as its only clocking about 5k-6kmiles a year .
Just need to find the cash another way to sort out a car for the mrs ,she was already upset at the thought of selling and wasnt 100% keen on the car i was planning on buying next .(Audi Avant 2.0T s-line SE ) recons it was to big .

If a Mod could delete this thread after afew days that would be great :)

Reaction score
=CatasTrophy= said:
Sorry to anyone that was interested in my Trophy , but ive had a change of plan ,after getting the service /belts done .
I just think that even if i got my asking price £7650 its to cheap ,imo there isnt another car you could buy at that price that was as good as the trophy . the car is in such good condition and after spending over £700 on this service id be better to keep it for a few more years especially as its only clocking about 5k-6kmiles a year .
Just need to find the cash another way to sort out a car for the mrs ,she was already upset at the thought of selling and wasnt 100% keen on the car i was planning on buying next .(Audi Avant 2.0T s-line SE ) recons it was to big .

Woooo Hoooo. Great decision. I've been torn with selling mine a few times but no, and pretty much for the same reasons as you.

Glad to see another original owner staying in the fold.

Congrats.

Reaction score
=CatasTrophy= said:

Rubbish thought i was in then.... :lol: :twisted:

Reaction score
That was a narrow escape, Gorilla; almost had to dip your hands in your pocket - be careful.

Is your plan to see all 500 before deciding which one will get your two grand? :)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
That was a narrow escape, Gorilla; almost had to dip your hands in your pocket - be careful.

Is your plan to see all 500 before deciding which one will get your two grand? :)

Will you be viewing those in other countries too?

Reaction score
now now whats with all the sarcasim ..... its all witty banter after all - but I do want one you ask max how excited i got when i saw his. i will get one - just the right one. 8)