Reaction score
I've decided to give the car a 1000 miles before giving her some welly. And of the 444 i've done, i can't fault one of them. I'm so please with the car, and i really haven't seen all she can do. Done just over a tank and 1/4 and getting 35.5 mpg, i'm guessing that will drop considerably when i can rev the car some more.
Just can't wait till next weekend now, get out in it again and try and do the remaining 666 miles. Maybe Lands End and back to mine. Should be a giggle.

Reaction score
I have just done 1000 miles on the way back from Donnington yesterday only took a week and a couple of days, that was to 2 shows in the north midlands, which helpped.

TBH i am not going to rag the car now as i dont really have the money for petrol.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've done just under 5000 miles in the Trophy now :shock:

It's definitely loosened up quite a bit, most noticably in the first 1500 miles i'd say. Time for an oil change this weekend I think.

G

Nik said:
I've done just under 5000 miles in the Trophy now :shock:

It's definitely loosened up quite a bit, most noticably in the first 1500 miles i'd say. Time for an oil change this weekend I think.

After 5k?, have you been caning it a lot?????

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not really, but it has done 2 evenings round Brands Hatch, an airfield sprint day and a track session at Trax. Nothing wrong with leaving it till 12k for the service, but as I've got more track time coming up next month I think I'll change it midway between its first service. Its easy enough to do so might as well.

Reaction score
I've still got a while to go before i get to 1000 miles, although i got to 500 this morning, i took it to work lol. I'm going to get an oil change done at 5k. If i do it myself, will it make the warranty invalid?
I'm like you nik, i'd love to do a track day, but my arse would go a little bit. But i guess they are safer than country roads. One day i will do one for sure, once i've had a bit more experience in the Trophy.

Reaction score
Yeah i have noticed now after the car has completed 1000k that it feels alot smoother and qiucker, maybe down to the fact that i have hit the cams and change at the best time.

It is definatly a fun car to drive even at its limits.

Reaction score
670 miles now, so not many to go at all now. Took my old man out in it and he was rather impressed. Even told me to slow down, which was a bit rich. I've started to take mine up to 4,500-5k revs now, and its like a rocket. HAHA. Now that petrol has come down in price hopefully i'll knock out the 330 miles over the weekend.