#442 for sale

Reaction score
Renault Clio 182 Trophy #442

Unfortunately the time has come to sell my Trophy. I would love to keep it as a second car but I’ve now got a little one on the way, so I need a bigger car and the money for a house, to fit the new family in 

I should imagine as you’re reading this, you know what this car is and what it’s capable of. Give it a quick Google if not! I bought it 2.5 years ago from a nice chap up north, it was in excellent condition and considering its age is still in very good condition now. There are a couple of minor bad points but I’ll come to them later.
2 original keys, HPI clear, MOT till 26/02/17, front Sachs dampers refurbed @ BG Motorsport in 2009 and still performing well with no bounce at all, rear Sachs replaced this year OEM, V5C in my name registered at my address, 98RON RSTuner remap, Scorpion RS192 exhaust.

It has (at the time of this ad) done 90,728 miles and was being used as a daily driver. I don’t believe in buying a car like this to not use it! That said, most of the 30k miles I’ve done in the car have been on the M4! I have the service booklet and all original receipts for everything that has been done to the car since new, kept in a nice new Clio Trophy personalised folder (along with a stack of magazines that the Trophy features in). There are loads in there from before I bought it but as an idea what I’ve spent on the upkeep of it:

06/14: Cambelt, Aux belt, Dephaser, Oil, Filter, Spark Plugs & A/C regas, Oil dipstick, 2x Bosch Aero front wiper blades
12/14: DS2500 pads front & rear, Goodridge/HEL braided brake lines
01/15: 2x rear brake discs, replace brake fluid, leather gear gaiter, AUX lead
02/15: Oil, filter, track rod end, MOT
03/15: 2x lambda sensors, front brake calliper
04/15: Bonnet seal, K-Tec induction kit (I also have the original induction box)
08/15: Coil, leads, spark plugs
10/15: Front windscreen
12/15: Rear number plate light unit
01/16: 2x Michelin PS3s (87W)
02/16: Centre section of RS192 exhaust
03/16: MOT, gearbox oil change, engine coolant change, PAS switch, rear discs and pads, oil, filter, cabin filter
05/16: Rear wiper blade, 2x mist style washer jets, 2x Philips X-treme vision headlight bulbs, a couple of minor car park dents removed
07/16: 2x Sachs rear dampers, track rod end
09/16: Retrimmed steering wheel @ Royal Steering Wheels

As you can see, the car has been mechanically looked after, with the all-important belts and dephaser having been done at approx 58k miles. The timing belt (dephaser) have another 40k miles before they’ll need changing again but the Aux belt needs changing in 3-4k miles (approx. £150) according to the service book recommendation. All parts have been replaced with OEM Renault parts with the exception of things like wiper blades. Most work in my ownership carried out at TGM Sport and Diamond Motors.

The tyres are PS3s all round, the front have 5mm and the rears have 7mm tread left. It drives like a dream, certainly wouldn’t know it’s done 90k miles, not even half of that!

Now to the small bad points:
• There are a couple of minor scuffs on two of the alloys, one bigger than the other which can be seen in the photos (knew I shouldn’t have let the Mrs drive it)
• The bodywork isn’t in perfect condition, it’s not bad by any means but as a result of being a daily driver, it does have a few bumper marks and stone chips, also in the photos
• As to be expected with an 11 year old car there are a couple of minor rattles/vibrations from inside the cabin

Since I bought it I have washed it regularly with high end products, snow foam, the two bucket method and it gets a clay & wax 2-3 times a year, I’ve never polished it though. I have just clayed and re-waxed it. The interior is in excellent condition, with the exception of the foot mats which bear a few marks. It has always been run on 97-99 RON fuel.

I know there’s a lot of information there but I just wanted to be as honest as possible, I really have looked after the car well and will be sad to see it go. Baring the above ‘bad points’ and Aux belt requirement in mind, I am asking for £5350, believing that’s a fair price for this car.