Reaction score
As stated in title what shall I opt for as next motor?

R26
Pro's - handling, style, extra room (enough for a bike), 230 bhp, warranty, 57 plate
Con's - build quality, renault deprciation

350z
Pro's - more style, rare, build quality, performance, handling, engine, holds value
Con's - only two seats!, 54 plate (older than Trophy), no warranty, poor mpg

As you can see I have a slight dilemma!! This list is not comprehensive and if you have any other points or know of anything that may go wrong on above cars please put them forward!

Reaction score
I would go for the 350Z, but carrying a bike seems to be a bit of a problem. I don't think there is an off the shelf rack for it.

Reaction score
Talk about chalk and cheese!

I would have thought a test drive of both would help give you the answer.

In relation to MPG, I wouldn't have thought there was that much difference. And warranty, you can always buy one, afterall, they are just an insurance policy.

Buy the 350Z and you can be assured of 1st class dealer service.... most people would probably struggle to say that about Renault!

Reaction score
Both have been test drove now. Nissan was not as long as i like and traffic was bad so need a round two. Megane very much like Trophy but with even more grip but less of a stiff ride.

Reaction score
You should check out Ollie's "16k what to buy" thread for some more opinions.
In the end it comes down to whether you want to be pushed or pulled? For myself I'd pick an E46 M3 over the 350z and I can't help but think the R26 gets way too much praise for its excellent pace and grip at the expense of legalish public road fun.
Only having test driven a 225 F1 and a couple 350z I can't see the Meggy retaining as high a fun factor or interest level over time as the 350z. But as the cliche goes, you can't go wrong with either :D

Reaction score
I know thats the dilemma at present like both but bad points equal out good points on both sides.

Went to test drive 350z tonight but they couldn't get it started at garage. Which was bit strange only has 12k on clock but I think it has been sitting for a while.

Then when I drove home after disappointment of not driving 350, I took the long way home and started to like Trophy again!!

Think I am becoming sliightly nueorotic (think i have spelt that wrong!).

Reaction score
Rudi said:
easy peasy. R26

I would be inclined to agree tbh.
Will be almost if not as quick on the road @ legal speeds. More room, more practical, safety net of warranty & lower running costs.

But it depends whether you have your sensible hat on or want something completely different to what you've had.

Reaction score
R26 - no contest, proper car - in white.

350Z is too hairdresser for me, after all they do a convertable :lol:

Reaction score
You'll probably find in everday driving the R26 is the quicker car. More practical too. Easier to learn handling. Much more space. Better power/weight with the remap. Hell, more outright power with a good remap. Cheaper to run. Arguably a better all round proposition.

Z.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not that i read these things but the recent "banzai" mag featured a 600bhp 350z :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
e46 m3 would be my pick, knocks spots off both of the others. Build quality, pace, presence, resale value, space etc

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
e46 m3 would be my pick, knocks spots off both of the others. Build quality, pace, presence, resale value, space etc

Reaction score
M3 would be awesome but cant push budget past 17k at present.

Practical aspect of R26 is very appealing at pressent plus 6 gears for easy cruising.

The engine in 350z is alive though!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
m3's can be had for that figure if you search hard enough - the engines, box etc are indestructible in them in my experience, so high mileage wouldn't be a concern.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
duffer987 said:
Cue said:
m3's can be had for that figure if you search hard enough - the engines, box etc are indestructible in them in my experience, so high mileage wouldn't be a concern.
Indeed, this one has been up for a bit :D
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/305463.htm

That even comes with the Harmon audio stuff..... £1k-2k option iirc and you can tell the sound quality difference.... I had that on mine... :cry: i miss that car.

Reaction score
Hello quick update on my dilemma!!

Took 350z for test drive on Saturday morning very impressed with car overall. I was impressed with the availability of power from any gear and how the car handle through corners; not needing as much input as what the Trophy does. It flowed! Exhaust note and engine note is fantastic too.

Inside though I was surprised at the amount of plastic but was impressed by the Bose stereo and cool controls on wheel.

Still undecided as it is very impractical and would make shipping anything a nightmare.

On look out for an r26 to test drive again and the nI ll decide.