Reaction score
As a newbie on here ive currently got a Lotus Exige S1 as a weekend toy and an Alfa Romeo 156 as my daily driver but am thinking of ditching it for a 182 or Trophy but was just wondering how comfortable a Trophy would be doing 20k miles a year up and down motorways?

Reaction score
That's what i'm doing (but not for long) and the Trophy is a perfectly comfortable companion. It is an uncompromised car which favours good road holding above all else but was designed mainly to cope with crappy British roads so is fine on a smooth motorway. It's got cruise control too, but I don't use it.

Have you read I Know You Got Soul by JC. Awful title, really good read, a whole chapter is about the 156 and what a great car it is, he rates the Trophy too after having one a week.

Lucky man, having a Trophy and an Exige, are you thinking of getting the supercharged one? bloody good value now.

Reaction score
No havent read that book but will take a peek at it in WH Smiths tomorrow!

Yep the 156 is great but had it for 5 years now, so fancy a change!

The Exige S1 in its factory 190bhp format is awesome..........the supercharged one must be phenomenal!

Still thinking about the 182 though instead of the Trophy, mainly bevause Ijust LOVE that retro Racing Blue colour!

Reaction score
ive done loads miles in mine on all different surfaces. the ride is hard but ive never had any pain from it after a long/bumpy journey

Reaction score
stevegunnis said:
Have you read I Know You Got Soul by JC. Awful title, really good read, a whole chapter is about the 156 and what a great car it is

it's the 166 but i'll let you off :wink: (excellent luxo-barge btw - I will own one someday!)

I dont doubt the Trophy is capable of 20k/year - I've done 14k since late october but I believe 1 guy on here has done 36k already!

Reaction score
i seem to remember reading on renaultsport forum that Audrey 286 had done a few fair miles withoout problem in her Trophy, sure she'll be able to correct me if i'm wrong!

Reaction score
I've come from a 330ci and have done 20,000 miles in 7 months. Have never regretted it!

The only think I have done to make each drive more comfortable is to slighyly improve the rather paltry stock stereo.

Otherwise if anything the cruise control on the Renault is brililant (it's more of a speed limiter than a traditional cruise control). It relaly baffles me why no other car maker has adopted it yet!

O.

Reaction score
Eats miles up - Like a terrier wadng through any Sunday dinner left overs... Finishes and still wants more 8)

Reaction score
36K......Thats Me!....I have now done 38000 but my engine went POP (shot a con rod out the block!!).....Renault tried to tell me that i had let it run out of oil but it turns out my oil level sensor/circuit was faulty!....after a bit of wriggling from renault's side they have just fitted my car with a brand new engine set...New Gearbox,Clutch,Head,Bottom end, everything replaced exept the starter motor and inlet manifold.....RESULT>>>>>>>I can now bust another 38000 in 9 months..
......NOTE
I allways use the instument panel to check my oil but now i don't trust it
I will be checking my levels on the dipstick only now.

Reaction score
38000 impressive stuff - surely this must qulaify for Trophy with most miles?

Any other problems other than this?

Reaction score
DaveG said:
36K......Thats Me!....I have now done 38000 but my engine went POP (shot a con rod out the block!!).....Renault tried to tell me that i had let it run out of oil but it turns out my oil level sensor/circuit was faulty!....after a bit of wriggling from renault's side they have just fitted my car with a brand new engine set...New Gearbox,Clutch,Head,Bottom end, everything replaced exept the starter motor and inlet manifold.....RESULT>>>>>>>I can now bust another 38000 in 9 months..
......NOTE
I allways use the instument panel to check my oil but now i don't trust it
I will be checking my levels on the dipstick only now.

Yikes!

How often did you have your oil changed? Mine has to be changed every 6k miles or I won't sleep at night!

Also surprised to see that they replaced your gearbox if you had an engine problem?

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
suprised they didnt also fit a new light cluster in the instrument panel - the change gear indicator must be fucked, lol