Reaction score
Surely was.

It's not slow mind, we both pulled away from a chavved Saxo quite handily :twisted:

ado

Reaction score
When the 197 only had a handful of miles on the clock it was quite slow up certain gradients but can now confirm with 4.5k its much better.

Reaction score
197 not really a direct comparison for the 182 acceleration wise, it has only 10lb/ft more torque and an extra 150kg to haul, even with the extra ratio, it falls short, it's a shame because with a bit more torue it would have faired much better against the new breed of hatches, but I'm glad it didn't go the forced induction route, just wish they had kept it light, rather than pitching it against the heavier, much more powerful hatches like the new Seat with 237bhp which will eat it alive acceleration wise. As the EVO article says, until the Cup, we wait...

Reaction score
p.s. whatever you do, don't post that on Renaultsport, they'll flay you alive for road racing first (even though you weren't), then they'll say that the 197 was out of the box and 50 horspower down and then that the 197 driver obviously wasn't trying or it would have left you.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
p.s. whatever you do, don't post that on Renaultsport, they'll flay you alive for road racing first (even though you weren't), then they'll say that the 197 was out of the box and 50 horspower down and then that the 197 driver obviously wasn't trying or it would have left you.

PSML!! :lol: especially when I'd say 90% of us on CT are also on RS!!

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:

Oh yes, I didn't even consider it. I know what the backlash would have been like :D

Reaction score
Good roads around there , took some of the CS people down that route last weekend :twisted:
Too many tourists out though :evil:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aye, ome belting roads round there - Trophy asn't been on this one yet though. The M3 was a cracking ar on this road, not had chance yet to take the very long way round to birmingham........ leeds - cheshire - notts - brum.. ... hell of a long drive but some fantastic routes, need a sat nav mind :)

al

Reaction score
pacey said:
Good roads around there , took some of the CS people down that route last weekend :twisted:
Too many tourists out though :evil:

Was that the roads we went on?