Reaction score
Hello my first post might be taking delivery of a brand new 55 reg 182 trophy very soon if goes to plan will have made a cracking deal but I forgot to ask dealer about diamond brite protection, is this normally coated for a brand new car or is it extra? is it worth the extra or is Autoglym as good a job?

Reaction score
i had the supagaurd done on mine ,and yes it was extra , but after seeing the job the valeters had done i would rather have done it my self , and u have the feeling of have they done it or not ,like the interior and carpet and wheels , u dont no if it really has been done or if uve been fleeced , i was ok though as i managed to get it done for free due to all the delays i had, but i still have my doubts whether all the supagaurd stuff was used there aitn a way to tell is there ?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi there, welcome to ClioTrophy :D

I had the Supaguard on mine too, in fact I got them to do it twice as they failed to give me the guarantee and aftercare kit the first time, so I had no real evidence that it was ever applied to the car. Second time round it was clear that it had been done.

I probably wouldnt get it done again, its nothing special. The after care kit is quite useful though even if i have all the same stuff elsewhere.

Reaction score
I have supaguard to. Is there any special cleaning instructions or will ordinary car shampoo do? Are car washes ok? (no brushes of course). Does superguard really keep shine for 3 years?? Advise please :?:

Reaction score
jeffstrophy said:
I have supaguard to. Is there any special cleaning instructions or will ordinary car shampoo do? Are car washes ok? (no brushes of course). Does superguard really keep shine for 3 years?? Advise please :?:

I used to apply Supagard kits when i worked for a local garage. The kits themselves are pretty good in all honesty, the quality of the product is good as it's been around for years. Only problem is, you only need 1 idiot who is not really sure what they are doing to apply it and hey presto. . . Swirl Marks! :cry:

The product does offer a good level of protection to paint against road salt and grime, bird droppings etc, but it is in no way a 100% effective forcefireld for your car! It will still need to be cleaned regularly etc. And the interior protectin is basically 3M or Scotchgard the same as you can have done to house carpets or sofa's etc. Just helps to prvent staining on your seats or carpets and can help delay wear too. You should have been supplied with an 'after-care kit' when you had the supagard applied. The products in here will help you to make the most of the shine.

Otherwise than that, if you just wash and clean your car with any decent products like Autoglym and Meguiars which you can get from most good car shops you will be fine. Or if you scour ebay at the moment you can pick up Supagard kits on there too pretty cheap.

Any futher info required just give me a shout.

Reaction score
I bought an after care kit and did it myself and then did it all over again to make sure took ages.

Reaction score
hey richard there might be another trophy owner in Sheffield then!! :lol: