Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of 182 Cup dampers to fit while I have my Sachs refurbed! Does anyone have a pair ?

Many thanks Pete

Reaction score
Where you based I got the pair I used when mine went off for a rebuild! Kinda wanna keep them for next time etc but you could make use of them for a few weeks for some beer tokens?

Reaction score
Where you based I got the pair I used when mine went off for a rebuild! Kinda wanna keep them for next time etc but you could make use of them for a few weeks for some beer tokens?

Thanks for the offer mate! Although I've been buying a set this afternoon with the idea of either keeping them or selling the on after!

Do the Trophy springs fit on the cup dampers or do you need cup springs as well?

Did you have your refurb done at cornering force?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy springs will fit on the cup dampers yea, there's clip for the abs cable on the cup dampers though you need a bracket, I just used 2 cable ties!

And yea rebuild was at cornering force this time!

Reaction score
Yes you can use original trophy springs. Your correct there is no bracket for the abs sensor i just used 2 cable ties as well. Also the gaitor will not fit correctly but is suffice to do while there the sachs are off.

Reaction score
Yes you can use original trophy springs. Your correct there is no bracket for the abs sensor i just used 2 cable ties as well. Also the gaitor will not fit correctly but is suffice to do while there the sachs are off.

I forgot to mention the bump stop / dust guard don't fit properly, but yes sir you are correct in saying they will do whilst the sachs are away, any form of bumpstop/ dust protection is better than nothing, even if you do only intend on using the dampers for a few weeks!!

Good work on the double cable tie approach, works fine imo

Reaction score
sorry keyboard has a mind of its own

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cheers for all the advice....I seem to have 2 choices at present Renparts 2nd hand cup dampers delivered for £68.50 they said that if i sent them back they would give me £30 back on them but postage would be down to me so hardly worth returning really or new ones at £95.00 delivered which I could then sell at a later date....Badgerman whats the issue with the bump stops exactly.....would it be worth getting the cup ones as well?

Reaction score
Cheers for all the advice....I seem to have 2 choices at present Renparts 2nd hand cup dampers delivered for £68.50 they said that if i sent them back they would give me £30 back on them but postage would be down to me so hardly worth returning really or new ones at £95.00 delivered which I could then sell at a later date....Badgerman whats the issue with the bump stops exactly.....would it be worth getting the cup ones as well?

The issue is that the shaft on the sachs is quite a bit thicker than the shaft on the cup dampers, so its a bit of a loose fitment, dont think its worth buying dust guards or bump stops for the cup dampers to be honest, better off just using the ones off the sachs for a week or 2.

The offer also still stands if you just want to borrow my set for a bit, they've only done about 2000 miles and were on the car for approx 6 weeks! You'd need to come pick them up though so depending how far you are might not be worth it for you!

Personally i'd buy a new set then just keep them for next time you might need them, im also contemplating using them over the winter to try and spare the sachs from some abuse.

Reaction score
The issue is that the shaft on the sachs is quite a bit thicker than the shaft on the cup dampers, so its a bit of a loose fitment, dont think its worth buying dust guards or bump stops for the cup dampers to be honest, better off just using the ones off the sachs for a week or 2.

The offer also still stands if you just want to borrow my set for a bit, they've only done about 2000 miles and were on the car for approx 6 weeks! You'd need to come pick them up though so depending how far you are might not be worth it for you!

Personally i'd buy a new set then just keep them for next time you might need them, im also contemplating using them over the winter to try and spare the sachs from some abuse.

Re Dust Covers : so the sachs shafts are thicker than the cup shafts ? If this is so then in theory could the cup dust covers be modified to fit on the sachs shafts ?

The reason i ask is my dust covers are pretty sh***d and renault want stupid money for trophy/sachs covers even if they could get them from france.

Cheers

Reaction score
Good question, worth a look I guess maybe see if you can get some cheap on CS and mod them to fit, my first thought is that they may be narrower and while they'll fit over the shaft may not fit the damper body! They may also not mate up and clip onto the bump stop in the same way! Or maybe the bump stops are the same just with a bigger hole for the shaft! Worth checking out though! How much are Renault asking for genuine ones for the Sachs?

Reaction score
Price for the sachs covers is unknown but i can get the cup ones for £8.50 each inc. So i will see how they fit on my spare set.

The bump stop comes as part of the dust cover.:up:

Reaction score
Good work, I guess as long as it fits over the damper you'll only have to modify the centre hole for the shaft! Keep us updated, could be useful if it works!

Reaction score
Where can I buy cup dust boots from? I have new cup dampers to put on and new top mount kit but by the sounds of it Ill need that part too wrongly assumed it would come with one! Thanks