SPV

Reaction score
Yeh, I'm still looking out for an exhaust and the other options just don't appeal the same as this BTB unit! Hopefully the list is taking shape?

Reaction score
Nope, i can't view anything so looks like you need to be a member!!

Reaction score
Ajr said:
They are very good marrow(i believe you are on the shed forum?) because they were fully developed and dyno tested in house by BTB exhausts. They are the real deal when it comes to exhausts, their header systems are up there as the best in the world, they use full computer modelling using accurate engine specs inc timing to calculate the optimum sizes and lengths for optimum performance and pulse tuning. They have sliding jigs etc and do dyno(chassis dyno) testing as well. The build quality is also excellent with good quality steel, welding and silencer construction.

I have had BTB products in the past and they have been brilliant, i have been in a few clios with BTBs including Mat(FMP)s inferno cup with the first system ever made, and my only minor grumble is a little resonance in the mid range.

If i was set on keeping my trophy i would 100% invest in a new one and pursue a group buy(i am part of shed motorsport so have permission)

What you on about mate? I've spoke to Matt at shed and he said it was fine to go ahead with this.

To anyone seriously interested PM me on here, or pop over to cliosport (not sure if you need to be a member to view the thread). Don't sign up, just contact me through cliotrophy PM.

Jonny

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Ok all, if there is still any interest in this we now have a two-three week deadline from BTB. We're only going to look for 5 really as 10 is too ambitious in todays climate . If you're genuinly intested in this, put your name down and email me on j.p.elwell@googlemail.com. Preferably post on CS.net, but if you're not a member I'll add your name from here.

We now have 2 definates on this, so only need 3 more.

Grab yourself one of the best 182 exhausts out there. Price will be £600 per unit.

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!!!

Group Buy is going ahead guys. Please ring BTB ( 01327 261797) and tell them that you're putting a deposit down on a Clio 182 CAT back system if you want one.

"The deposits (£120) will be seen as a firm commitment to buy, and are only refundable if we fail to supply the goods as ordered within 3 months. The expected completion should be 6 weeks from receipt of deposit, but we can hold them for up to 3 months if people want a bit more time to raise the money. No carriage costs are included, these will be quoted separately depending on the customers location, or preferably the systems can be collected from us."

"£597.43 including VAT each, deposit of £120 please which can be paid by credit card. They can phone us with their credit card details to secure the order."

If anyone else is still considering buying one of these please let me know within the next 6 weeks. As said, you could have potentially 4 months to save the money for this. Any other questions let me know.

Reaction score
jonathanelwell said:
UPDATE!!!!!

Group Buy is going ahead guys. Please ring BTB ( 01327 261797) and tell them that you're putting a deposit down on a Clio 182 CAT back system if you want one.

"The deposits (£120) will be seen as a firm commitment to buy, and are only refundable if we fail to supply the goods as ordered within 3 months. The expected completion should be 6 weeks from receipt of deposit, but we can hold them for up to 3 months if people want a bit more time to raise the money. No carriage costs are included, these will be quoted separately depending on the customers location, or preferably the systems can be collected from us."

"£597.43 including VAT each, deposit of £120 please which can be paid by credit card. They can phone us with their credit card details to secure the order."

If anyone else is still considering buying one of these please let me know within the next 6 weeks. As said, you could have potentially 4 months to save the money for this. Any other questions let me know.

How many do you have at the moment?

Reaction score
we have 3 deposits down which Joe at BTB has said is enough to get the exhausts going. More people can ring up though and get the same price!

Reaction score
keep forgetting to mention, you can't ring up BTB and get these made as one offs. So now would be the time to dig deep if you're interested :D

Reaction score
Alright jon, i'm gona give them a ring today and stick my deposit down, i've heard nothing from yozza since 7 weeks ago that i put my order in other than initial order despite another mail i sent 3 weeks ago so i'm giving up with them, only just been on btb's website and they look bloody good so thanks for organising this fella.

Reaction score
Nice one mate, you won't be disappointed with it. You manage ok with them when you rang?

Reaction score
Yeah fine, took my money, said i was the fourth one and that they were going ahead with them despite low numbers. Quality in those pics looks pretty darn good, nice website too, looking forward to picking it up!

Reaction score
nice one mate. I did have to blag them a little to get them to go ahead, but happy they are. Shame more people haven't gone for it really. But we'll be only 1 out of 15 clio's with this exhaust. I'm blaming the credit crunch and too much competition from cheaper exhausts. Really looking forward to them being made now though.

Reaction score
I'm thinking about placing an order early next week if they wil still accept it, I have to await a replacement card after mine got broken.

Do these have a lifetime warranty like equivalents? Also is everybody paying postage or collecting? £55 estimate is quite a premium.

Reaction score
Yeah the offer is still available mate. Should be so for the next 4 weeks, so the more the merrier.

I'm going to be picking mine up mate (only about 300mile round trip :D), presume others will do the same. I guess you could try and organise pick up yourself if you like?

I've emailed BTB about the garantee, so should hopefully find out monday, so will let you know.

Reaction score
I'm picking mine up too, about 4 hours round trip for me. I wouldn't worry about lifetime guarantee...any stainless steel zorst will last longer than you can imagine. I have a powerflow on my old fiesta which has covered something like 60-70k miles over 5years with no problems and this is a product made up in a few hours by bending pipe and welding it to fit the car, a somewhat lesser quality zorst than a BTB at half the cost. The BTB has no cat to break up, the welds look first class, and if you're able to keep it clean, water and road salt would never corode the metal, even without maintainance any corrosion would be tiny. Not like steel zorsts rotting away at the joints as soon as they're shown water.

Reaction score
BTB have got back to me. The exhausts have a lifetime warranty agains corrosion and manufacturing faults. Hope this helps mate. But like Stormduck said, stainless steal will probably out last the clio.lol.

Reaction score
Good good mate.

Update;

We now have 5 people on this GB, but still people welcome. BTB have estimated the end of the month for completion, so sooner than we hoped. They are also going to be TIG welding the tailpipes on this batch, so should be a much cleaner finish on the visible bit. :D