Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You could not get hold of me so you thought you would still come and see the car any way but you don't know where i live or if i had sold the car . Sorry for not replying was off work having my back injected with nerve blocks and my only access to a computer was at work and i did say you would not get the car for £8.100 . If you are going to start a post of with Have driven 400 miles so far this weekend for this bl*&^y car! when i never arranged a meet
i will be pi**d off . The phone was off because i was in hospital .

Reaction score
While on the subject of the £8100 trophy

Example 1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0228296085 - Price agreed

Example 2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=016

Example 3 - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-RENAULT-CLIO ... dZViewItem
Lets see what it gets to

A car is worth what people will pay. I dont want to start this longstanding debate but I hold by the fact that its a realistic option. I have viewed several 05 plate 20-30k 182s with cup packs for £7k - I believe prices will continue to track them with a £1000-1500 premium.

Ok, probably the wrong words for this forum, but I'd appreciate not being patronised. At this rate I'll be barred from the forum before I buy one :?[/quote]

As you say viewed several 182 varients, maybe your budget is for a 182 but not a trophy!

Who sells a car on ebay???? Fees are huge!

Reserve not met i see also!

If i was looking for one now i would require low mileage version, just so happens mine has half the mileage of the ones in those adverts. Still would not take £8500 for it :evil:

Good luck with your search, i think your wasting yours & other folks time :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
from the last ad, that also hasn't met it's reserve at £7700 "THE RESERVE IS SET AT A PRICE LOWER THAN ANY OTHER CLIO TROPHY CURRENTLY FOR SALE IN THE UK. "

Mate, you're hoping for a miracle trying to get a straight one for less then £8500. A 50k miler went for £9200 only a month or so back.

To have a proper choice of good examples you need at least another £2k in your pocket imo.

Just advice, obviously some owners will want to get shut at whatever cost, depending on circumstance - if you find one of these then you're lucky.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
rb5_180 said:
3yr service in ~6months time - Renault quote of £240 for service and £283 for aux belt.

Hi

Service is 20k miles or 2 years

I would tend to agree with sagman and g40steve £8400-500 does seem like a bargain at the moment however prices will go down, how fast and to what level is anyones guess.
You may see a bit of a drop later in the year when they start to get out of warranty
but get one now you'll love it (tup)

Off topic but since when? 24k or 2 yrs me think

Reaction score
Streetfighter said:
Thank you, so I was thinking as it's over 12k it's probably had the 2yr/24k service which would have been the next one.............either way it's not 20k :wink:

Hey it was 4.03 am :oops:

Reaction score
nig63 said:
You could not get hold of me so you thought you would still come and see the car any way but you don't know where i live or if i had sold the car . Sorry for not replying was off work having my back injected with nerve blocks and my only access to a computer was at work and i did say you would not get the car for £8.100 . If you are going to start a post of with Have driven 400 miles so far this weekend for this bl*&^y car! when i never arranged a meet
i will be pi**d off . The phone was off because i was in hospital .

I am sorry to hear you were in hospital.
As you added additional photos at 4:34pm on Thursday evening I didnt expect the car to be part exed the next day...when you were off work in hospital.

I felt I had depersonalised the response by stating 'bloody car' with no reference to youself. Prior to the responses I didnt really have any issue with you personally as I understood I was taking a chance at the time and there was a good chance the viewing wasnt going to come off. At the end of the day, what you do with your car is completely your choice and I had no issue with that - I did feel it was a little petty not telling me which dealer it had gone to tho. Work means that I have to make these decisions last minute and, from my point of view, sending you a request on thursday night to visit saturday was reasonable notice. I made the assumption that as you had added pictures to the ad you would pick up any responses before you part exed it - unfortunately it didnt pan out that way.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Lets see what it gets to

Ok, probably the wrong words for this forum, but I'd appreciate not being patronised. At this rate I'll be barred from the forum before I buy one :?

OK, can't let this one lie either!
As you say viewed several 182 varients, maybe your budget is for a 182 but not a trophy!
As mentioned a few posts earlier, £7k buys a good 25k mile 05 plate 182 with cup pack - my budget is just over £8k
Agree, but it would be wrong for me to quote agreed prices on other cars not in a public domain.
Example 1, as stated, I have agreed a price. Example 2 did meet reserve and Im bidding on example 3 - we will see.
If i was looking for one now i would require low mileage version, just so happens mine has half the mileage of the ones in those adverts. Still would not take £8500 for it :evil:
Good for you. I would agree that those willing to wait for months for the right buyer will sell for more. However, I would anticipate there will be those who cant be bothered with this or need a quick sale
Good luck with your search, i think your wasting yours & other folks time :shock:[/quote]
Nice patronising tone again...thanks for that. When I sell a car, the main thing I want are people who are genuinely looking to buy one and have the money available. If someone advertises their car for £10k for 2 months with no enquires, then trades it for £7.5k then would I REALLY have been wasting their time making an offer.

Reaction score
rb5_180 said:
g40steve said:
Lets see what it gets to

Ok, probably the wrong words for this forum, but I'd appreciate not being patronised. At this rate I'll be barred from the forum before I buy one :?

OK, can't let this one lie either!
As mentioned a few posts earlier, £7k buys a good 25k mile 05 plate 182 with cup pack - my budget is just over £8k
Agree, but it would be wrong for me to quote agreed prices on other cars not in a public domain.
Example 1, as stated, I have agreed a price. Example 2 did meet reserve and Im bidding on example 3 - we will see.
Good for you. I would agree that those willing to wait for months for the right buyer will sell for more. However, I would anticipate there will be those who cant be bothered with this or need a quick sale
Good luck with your search, i think your wasting yours & other folks time :shock:
Nice patronising tone again...thanks for that. When I sell a car, the main thing I want are people who are genuinely looking to buy one and have the money available. If someone advertises their car for £10k for 2 months with no enquires, then trades it for £7.5k then would I REALLY have been wasting their time making an offer.[/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: (poke) (tdown) (sick) :-# 8-[ =;

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
car traded?

if so this thread is locked, will nig63 please pm to get it unlocked if he wants.

Good luck with the search for a Trophy for £8k, general consensus is that you'll need it. I agree every 12 months at the least in my book, or every 6k depending on what comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.