#006 steering wheel re-trim

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've had my steering wheel re-trimmed by snappy from cliosport.

Needless to say I am extremely happy with the results.

I asked for the following:-

Black leather
Perforated leather thumb grips
Alcatara bottom section with the Trophy logo embroidered onto it.
held together with silver stitching.

Here are the photos :

Stripped wheel:
IMG-20150510-WA0006_zpsuzfsarct.jpg

Attached leather:
IMG-20150511-WA0002_zpsnngcduoc.jpg

1st set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0004_zpstqppas7e.jpg

2nd set of stitching:
IMG-20150511-WA0005_zpsbjy1xdoj.jpg

Alcantara section added:
IMG-20150513-WA0002_zpsoxkdmhqy.jpg

Stitching:
IMAG0468_zps0buxufao.jpg

Thumb grip:
IMAG0469_zpspu89jvqr.jpg

Trophy stitching:
IMG-20150513-WA0009_zpsu7fqajhy.jpg

Airbag installed:
IMAG0467_zpsv9ofpxqj.jpg

Finished:
IMAG0466_zpsktikdllu.jpg

No more sticky melted steering wheel for me, just smooth soft leather!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
looks great :D looks quite a close match to the renault plastic color too :)
I just took everyone's advice! They all said that it looks odd in the pictures but in person it looks fine. I had already seen one when I was at the last big Trophy meet at the motor museum in gaydon, and I promised myself one there and then. Everything you hear about these wheels is true, they really are the best out there and they are definitely worth it.

Really smart!!
Thanks, I didn't want to have any red on it and I didn't want the top dead centre because the original item doesn't have it either. The original doesn't have alcantara, silver stitching, perforated leather or a trophy logo either, but I think what I selected looks smart and fits in with all the original surroundings and looks smart and neat. I'm glad someone else thinks the same.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very nice, almost my perfect design. I'm not a massive fan of the centre marker either and have a couple of different ideas for mine.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very nice, almost my perfect design. I'm not a massive fan of the centre marker either and have a couple of different ideas for mine.

Thanks hoolio, when do you think you'll be placing your order? I'm guessing you won't be releasing the details of your design until it's on your car?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks hoolio, when do you think you'll be placing your order? I'm guessing you won't be releasing the details of your design until it's on your car?

That's right, but probably even simpler than yours. I have a budget for a bunch of things I would like but can't afford all those ideas yet. But that's another thread :)

Reaction score
That's looks mega would you consider doing it for cash ?? I recently sold my beloved trophey and went to a 200 and it's starting to do the same

Reaction score
That's looks mega would you consider doing it for cash ?? I recently sold my beloved trophey and went to a 200 and it's starting to do the same

someone called Snappy on Cliosports did the steering wheel, he offers an exchange service which is good, so you do not need to buy a spare steering wheel, or have you car off the road