Reaction score
Auction ended at £8355... I put in £8.2k (to make it worthwhile and to account for potential lack of tax)... all in all the owner will have a good deal :)

O.

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
:shock:

Glad you sold it Ollie, but gutted about the price.

Has Ollie been around? Shame he is not here as I could have made him an extra £700!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
F...ing ridiculous, everyone loses on that one, apart from whoever got it, as art dealer says you cannot halt the inevitable, but that is going to swamp Canute

Reaction score
at the end of the day, the seller obviously had a price at which he was willing to let the car go and seems to me like he needed a quick sale. having started with no reserve and stated he would sell for £8k, the likelihood was that the car would go for a bargain price, unless 2 people got caught up in a bidding frenzy at the last minute.

Reaction score
What gets me is that he knew back in April he'd be selling the car so why do it as a lats minute thing and loose shit loads on it. And at the same time bring future sell of Trophies to a ridiculous amount.

Good luck to future owners wanting to sell theirs for 10K after that :roll:

Reaction score
i'm in no big hurry to sell mine and won't be reducing the price drastically either. BUT, at the end of the day mine is still a baby mileage wise.

there is occasionally a rogue car which slips through cheaper than the rest (remember the one bought a few months back from a dealer for £9495 i think, when at the time dealer prices were nearer £11000)

take a look at autotrader, prices vary greatly but are still holding out quite strong. i've been keeping a watchful eye obviously as i'm selling up

Reaction score
My post I put up on ClioSport:

===

Basically I know that Renault London West will give £9k for the car so this would have been a quick turn around with the £800 margin being used to cover fuel, interim insurance and road tax if it was required. Anything more than £8.2k and the margin is no longer worthwhile as side project. Plus it has to be higher than the cash rate being offered by ING!

O.

===

Reaction score
As Ollie P (there are way too many Olivers owning Trophy's) said in his post on the 199 thread, it's not his car, the seller used his pictures from Autotrader - very naughty, not to mention a breach of eBay rules.

Reaction score
Not wishing to be the Jonah here but don't ever count on a dealer buying a car. Managers change like socks and often groups have buying bans due to their stock getting out of control. That's more often than not.

Also never take an eBay sale at face value. It may have been a bargain, it might be relisted next week.

Modern life is rubbish isn't it!

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Not wishing to be the Jonah here but don't ever count on a dealer buying a car. Managers change like socks and often groups have buying bans due to their stock getting out of control. That's more often than not.

Also never take an eBay sale at face value. It may have been a bargain, it might be relisted next week.

Modern life is rubbish isn't it!

Wise words :)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd have bought this if i'd been here... it's worth more than that in spares and as Ollie said you could make £500 profit straight away.... nutter.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i'd have bought this if i'd been here... it's worth more than that in spares and as Ollie said you could make £500 profit straight away.... nutter.

Then i'm glad you were not here Cue, you need to re-read the thread - there wasn't actually a car for sale, it was an ebay scam using the details of another Trophy that was for sale.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
aye, just cathing up with what seems to be hundereds of posts.... I wouldn't of paid him on paypal for a car, cash in person or no dice.