Reaction score
Guy's an idiot, says he will take £8K for it. If I had the readies I would chew his arm off at that price and make myself an easy £2K, someone do it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can i repeat muppet on this thread as i've already posted on 199.

Just makes me cross.

Reaction score
I think ollie knows what he's doing, it will probably run to £9.5-£10K by the end of the auction. I've e-mailed him to ask what he's doing, and also Steve C to tell him to buy it!

Reaction score
The current highest bidder is on RS.

I don't particularly want to do the guy a favour - I agree with Hoolio - but I'm dreading to see a Trophy sell for under £10K. Might as well give it away... so I've posted Kriss's find on CS.

I'm sure he knows he'll get closer to 10K but still... ridiculous to put no reserve and start that low.

I don't know Ollie's circumstances ... but still :evil:

Reaction score
Just found out why he's selling:

I am all ready in the process of doing this!! Looking for a yellow vx220 Turbo!! I have brought an R reg 306 D to run around in when the weather is bad etc, but planning to run the vx220 as much as possible. Clio Trophy is the best car i have ever had but dare i say its a bit to easy to drive?? i would love to keep it but cannot afford both. I brought it a year a go with 8,000 miles it has now done 26,000! if i do not sell it is going to be high milage and battered and i cannot do that to it. Still has 1 year 3 months warrenty on it so should sell ok. It will be on auto traders web site next weekend. i wanted a 172 as a second car but due to my no clains being used on the vx220 when i get it had to have a 306D.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's fair enough but just the whiff of a cheap trophy is enough to damage the perceived value. i.e. people will talk about the trophy they saw on ebay for £5k not the fact that it may eventually go for £10+

Reaction score
Good for him, VX220 Turbo is a worthy replacement. Hope he gets what it's worth.

Reaction score
Plenty of people run no reserve auctions, you just have to be on your toes and have a high bidder in the wings.

It wasn't a turbo, but didn't see the attraction of the VX I had in stock recently over the Trophy. The Trophy did so much as well or better and more civilised. I would tune up the Trophy than buy a VX Turbo.

As for under £10K - we're all trying hard, but heard of King Canute :)

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that Steve but a reliable 4.7 0-60 time out of a Trophy might involve ruining the character of the car. I like the VX Turbo because it's a true giant-slayer, Ferrari 355 acceleration (possibly quicker on track too) but Vectra price tag. What I don't like is the badge and the fact that this marque also make Vectras. Owning a Vectra is like wearing a big badge with "I hate cars" written in huge pink letters, every bit as dull as a Mondeo but not even a good car. We all know that (like every good Vauxhall that's not a Holden) it's a Lotus really.

Reaction score
Renault will give you £9k as a straight trade-in. So I may bid £8500 and then take the £500 profit... if Steve doesn't beat me to it!! ;)

O.

Reaction score
I'm currently the highest but I am sure I won't be for long! If not it will turn around a quick profit at Renault London West...